Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Gore clothing – whats the fit like?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i.e. are they large or small fitting or maybe even average fitting?

im a fairly tall guy (6, 3″) and im looking at the Alp x by the way!

ta

Ben

finbar
    Free Member

I’d say average, definitely not small.

(that’s based on their size small clothes though)

jfeb
    Free Member

Ben – the Alp x what – jacket?

I’m 80kg and 6’3″ and reckon their jackets are pretty average. The XL fitted me fine apart from the arms which could have been an inch longer but I have stupidly long arms.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

agreed. 5’11, 80kg, I have the large tool jacket.

best fit I’ve ever had for a jacket. worth absolutely every (expensive) penny.

🙂

twohats
    Free Member

I’ve found their fit to be on the snug side, rather than small, if that makes sense?

Yetiman
    Free Member

I tried on a couple of Gore windstopper jackets and the Alp X yesterday at my LBS.The windstoppers are nicely snug but not too tight and the Alp X was loose but not too baggy. I’m 6ft 2″, slim with longish arms and I found the fit of the large about right on both the windstoppers and Alp X. At 6ft 3″ you’re probably just getting into XL territory but the Alp X definitely had longer arms so you might get away with the L.

jimbo – I ordered a Tool jacket from Evans last night. How do you find yours?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

its a bit tight round the wallet, if that helps?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m 6’3″, skinny with long arms – both my Gore windstoppers are XL and spot on fit wise.

One is more roadie/athletic and hence a little snugger fit, but both are a nice fit lengthwise. Waaaay better than Enduras take on an XL.

Nico
    Free Member

I have a large tool too.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

thats whats worrying me – going by endura clothes – its difficult to tell what a large/xl actually is!

traildog
    Free Member

Gore generally size up quite large, their newer stuff particularly. I will be medium in most brands but small for the newer Gore jackets. Very difficult to say for certain though as all brands seem to vary slightly.

fisherking
    Free Member

I have a XXL Tool (jacket), I’m just shy of 6’2″ an weigh 17st and fits great. I also have an AlpX short sleeve jersey which also fits excellently, especially now I have lost some weight! I’ve found the tool jacket exceptional, it’s really warm just with a baselayer underneath and obviously showerproof, unfortunately I forgot about the pit vents whilst going uphill at Whinlatter on Saturday, as I found that rather hot for a fat bloke 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

Gore fit is normal IME, although be careful if something says close fitting or race cut as it won’t be flattering if you have a gut :p

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

yeti – It’s great. super breathable, I’ve had a day out scrambling up snow covered slopes with my bike in Kettlewell, kept me warm and dry, despite sweating like a horse.

super rainy evening in north downs, although it’s not touted as completely waterproof, it actually is pretty much watertight. it hosed it down and I was bone dry underneath with a base layer.

I was out in brighton sunshine on the south downs at the weekend. 8-10c and I didn’t overheat.

in short, it is the absolute nuts. recommended to everyone!

snug is the right word for these jackets.

🙂

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

They different top in different fitting styles e.g. my tool jacket is ‘comfort fit’ for the less athletic frame do

joemaley
    Free Member

Hi I have a Gore ALPX Gore-tex jacket and Phantom windstopper with removable arms, which is great for all year round cycling, both fit reaaly well, would not change them. I was advised by the experts at http://www.tgstore.net – They reaaly know Gore.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Gore clothing – whats the fit like?’ is closed to new replies.