• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gore active shell or soft shell
  • Vortexracing

I have a Phantom for use on the MTB and I’m after something similar for the roadbike.

BUT

I have noticed a lot of Active shell (AS)Gore stuff that has appeared all over the shops and net.

What do they offer over the soft shell? is it breathability or are they more waterproof?

😕

Ta

Chucky

timidwheeler

Active shell is fully waterproof but not as breathable as a softshell.

scotroutes

There are two versions of Active Shell. One is a “softshell” – i.e. it is windproof and water resistant. The other is GoreTex Active Shell and is the improved version of Paclite. It is fully water proof, very breathable and doesn’t suffer from that clammy plastic inner that Paclite had.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i have a phantom jacket. It is also great on the road bike.
    I have a gore windstopper active shell jacket for running. It is a crinkly windproof and nothing like soft shell. I think there are a number of different versions though, but i would stick to the phantom for the road too.

epicyclo
    tlr

Goretex Active Shell is very impressive in my opinion. I’ve got a couple of jackets made out of Active shell and they do breathe exceptionally well.

In fact I’ve just been out on my road bike for a couple of hours in one of mine, despite knowing that it wasn’t going to rain.

Definitely recommended.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gore active shell or soft shell’ is closed to new replies.