Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • gordon ramsay's crusade against cocaine
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

F off! 😆

An other pious dogooder that thinks it’s a fight that can be won.

Simple fact, it’s a well established market, it’s not going to go away, all you can do is take that market away from the underworld and look to limit the damage and violence.

Until then, crack on with the utter futility, just know it is utterly futile..

Kryton57

Or you could look at it that raising awareness of the virtual slavery that goes into making it, the process and ingredients in the making and the net deadly result might be enough of an education to save just one life, making the whole making of the series worthwhile.

sr0093193
    Free Member

I was some what surprised to see the crap that when into it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Ramsays doc ain’t going to make a blind bit of difference. It was hardly ground breaking.

chip
    Free Member

Have not seen tonight’s, watched last weeks though.
    The twunts who tested positive on the school run hopefully one of them will think twice next time.

revs1972
    Free Member

The twunts who tested positive on the school run hopefully one of them will think twice next time.

Well it won’t be the one who hasn’t even got a licence

rene59
    Free Member

Simple fact, it’s a well established market, it’s not going to go away, all you can do is take that market away from the underworld.

So is child prostitution and trafficking. Contributing to the horror and suffering these bring in the name of a good night out isn’t acceptable, not sure why so many people think their contibution to the horror and suffering of the drug trade is.

chewkw
    Free Member

That’s the nature of Narco-state …

If the head is not clean nothing is.

chip
    Free Member

The angry tosspot, that’s why I said one.

funkmasterp

Where the hell have you been? You were needed on pages 12 thru 17 of that legal advice thread 🙄

seosamh77
    Free Member

rene59 – Member
    Simple fact, it’s a well established market, it’s not going to go away, all you can do is take that market away from the underworld.
    So is child prostitution and trafficking. Contributing to the horror and suffering these bring in the name of a good night out isn’t acceptable, not sure why so many people think their contibution to the horror and suffering of the drug trade is.

Your analogy is pointless, you don’t have a simple solution you could bring in over night to kill those markets.

ie complete legalisation.

There is nothing morally wrong with act of taking drugs, there is with trafficking and child prostitution. So your analogy falls down there.

It’s the prohibitionists that don’t realise they support and prolong the horror of the drug trade.

Drac

Or you could look at it that raising awareness of the virtual slavery that goes into making it, the process and ingredients in the making and the net deadly result might be enough of an education to save just one life, making the whole making of the series worthwhile.

Only seen last week’s but to me that was the point.

rene59
    Free Member

I’m no prohibitionist, I’d be all for the legalisation of recreational drugs, in the meantime I just couldn’t stomach contributing to something that causes so much suffering and misery to innocent people just to get my kicks.

That is a moral issue. Your morals may differ.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Contributing to the horror and suffering these bring in the name of a good night out isn’t acceptable, not sure why so many people think their contibution to the horror and suffering of the drug trade is.

The legal status is what does this not users per se

If I want fair trade coffee* i can buy it if i want fair trade cocaine** i cannot get it. You might want to ask yourself why that is the case and it is not the end users fault

Look what happened with prohibition in the US it made everything worse.

Drug use is a war that cannot be won and legalsing would improve it for the user and the provider. Wishing it away is not going to work and we need to deal with reality as it is not how we would prefer it to be

* I dint use coffee
    * i have never used cocaine

rmacattack
    Free Member

watched until the first ad break. two reasons, ad breaks and gordon ramsay.

chewkw
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member

Where the hell have you been? You were needed on pages 12 thru 17 of that legal advice thread [/quote]
    Ya, I know it’s obvious coz it is. 🙂
    There nothing the world can do about the situation (supply) over there and the demand from the developed world. It’s a symbiotic relationship that cannot be broken because both are weak in will. 😀

rene59
    Free Member

If I want fair trade coffee* i can buy it if i want fair trade cocaine** i cannot get it. You might want to ask yourself why that is the case and it is not the end users fault

Look what happened with prohibition in the US it made everything worse.

Drug use is a war that cannot be won and legalsing would improve it for the user and the provider. Wishing it away is not going to work and we need to deal with reality as it is not how we would prefer it to beTake a look through the many photos freely available of the thousands upon thousands of victims killed/tortured/mutilated all in the name of the drug trade. That is the reality. If someone choses to ignore that then they take some of the responsibility.

seosamh77
    Free Member

rene59 – Member
    I’m no prohibitionist, I’d be all for the legalisation of recreational drugs, in the meantime I just couldn’t stomach contributing to something that causes so much suffering and misery to innocent people just to get my kicks.

That is a moral issue. Your morals may differ.

Morality at the consumption level just doesn’t factor in peoples mind though, I’m sure a few will avoid it on that basis, but enough to stop the trade? No.

That’s the utter futility i’m talking about, Ramsay is far from the first crusader, he’ll not be the last..

The trade will continue and flourish.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All for legalisation/decriminalisation of the drug trade.

Have to say though, of all the regular drug takers I’ve come across, cocaine users were always the biggest ****.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Pretty much, it’s a terrible drug, the buzz is even rubbish, and it’s ridiculously expensive, still millions will continue to take it.

I’m against decriminalisation btw, don’t see the point in that at all, it’s just the legalisation of the black market without the benefits of regulation and taxation.

I also think there needs to be a move to legalisation, regulation and unionisation of the producing countries too. (I’d even go as far as collectivisation, but that’s a whole other thread I guess! 😆 )

chewkw
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    … fair trade cocaine** …

I can see where it is heading when large multinationals get into the act to supply “fair trade …” … 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Take a look through the many photos freely available of the thousands upon thousands of victims killed/tortured/mutilated all in the name of the drug trade.

I dont deny misery exists [ everywhere within drug use including alcoholism] we only disagree on what the primary cause of this and how we can eradicate it. Still the only way to achieve this is by legalising it rather than appealing to folk to never do drugs because baddies supply it [ they do but only because its illegal and folk will always do drugs ]

myti
    Free Member

I was thinking the same op. His crusade is nothing new and will make no difference. If he really wants to help his restaurant staff he needs to look at the hours that hospitality staff work as coke and booze are rife in the industry as are long late hours and not enough days off plus low wages.

Also agree prohibition is not working and legalisation, regulation and education are the way forward. Remove the monopoly of the black market and the suffering in Colombia will reduce eventually.

edhornby

I’m in favour of decriminalising drugs but it doesn’t solve the public health issues – the ones we know about and the ones we don’t because of the relatively small use profile (I know the media likes to inflate it but it’s really only the richest 3 percent of the country that has access to it and the cash to go get it)

if you really want to give columbia (afghanistan etc) a helping hand, buy it commercially and sythesise as much as you need for genuine medical purposes and just trash the rest, better to trade than aid

km79
    Free Member

I know the media likes to inflate it but it’s really only the richest 3 percent of the country that has access to it and the cash to go get it

I didn’t know so many of the druggies around here were so well off.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

I found it interesting and I think it will raise awareness. I already knew that thise countries were struggling because of it but i didnt realise that it actually is like a warzone – like the films portray them. Documentaries like that also educate parents and friends of would-be users.

Ramsay did well to get out there and amongst it – but the interview and questions to the sicarios seamed very weak and a wasted opportunity. Yes Gordon, they are real firearms.

seosamh77
    Free Member

edhornby – Member
    (I know the media likes to inflate it but it’s really only the richest 3 percent of the country that has access to it and the cash to go get it)

😆 you’re kidding right?

mattyfez

A bit like trump building a wall on the Mexican border to stop the heroin trade?

Drac

I know the media likes to inflate it but it’s really only the richest 3 percent of the country that has access to it and the cash to go get it

The 80’s is over you know? It’s far from a drug of the rich and famous anymore. It’s easily accessible to all now.

kerley
    Free Member

It is still on the pricier end though isn’t it ?

Mugboo

I watched 5 minutes, I find it hard to believe that he hasn’t had a dabble..

In principle I’m all for legalization (I’m 46), surely their are some good studies available from Portugal by now.

My understanding is that Spice is a really nasty problem right now and that only exists because of our laws.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I loved the Guardian’s review of it

“Now Gordon has made a documentary about the drug, Gordon Ramsay on Cocaine. Which sounds like the answer to a question like, ‘What’s your worst nightmare in the kitchen?’ Jamie Oliver on speed, Heston Blumenthal on crystal meth, or Gordon Ramsay on cocaine?”

Jamie Oliver on speed Jesus H Christ . pukka pukka well pukka .

I went to Colombia around 8 years ago. There was a total split between those that utterly hated coke and and all it had done to their country, and therefore anyone who had anything to do with it, and those that thought nothing of it and hoovered it up off car bonnets outside nightclubs.

eemy
    Free Member

Looks like next week’s documentary is The Chuckle Brothers investigating crystal meth in Mexico. Should be good

choppersquad
    Free Member

If anyone gets the chance to read the book about Pablo Escobar written by his brother it makes for fascinating reading.
    It goes a bit soft on him I suppose but the facts and figures are just mind boggling.
    Caught up on the Louis Theroux documentary about heroin abuse in America and thought that was pretty well done.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Have to say though, of all the regular drug takers I’ve come across, cocaine users were always the biggest ****.

This.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Nothing virtual about it.

It’s a whole lot fing darker.

wallop

I refused to watch it on the basis that Gordon Ramsay is a class A tosser.

Ha! See what I did there? 😆

trailwagger
    Free Member

I used to snort loads of Cocaine….. don’t see the problem it never did me any harm, I am a PERCFECTLY ROUNDED INDIVIDUAL!!!!! ALRIGHT!!!!

badnewz
    Free Member

Still waiting for arm wrestling with Chas n Dave tbh.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Gordon Ramsay trying to be Ross Kemp and failing miserably.
    Still, it was an interesting insight into the industry.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘gordon ramsay's crusade against cocaine’ is closed to new replies.