Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GoPro users – advice please
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Started playing about with my GoPro 960 today, and think that when I use the chest mount, the footage is a bit wobbly? Here’s a quick clip I took in the back garden which is hardly gnarly, and despite having the chest mount fairly tight, the footage isn’t great.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgAn1HYhdEE[/video]

Am I expecting too much or is there something I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Chris

rOcKeTdOg

the chest strap needs to be fairly tight as do the bolts etc

singlespeedstu

Have you got moobs?

They could cause camera wobble like that. 😆

hughjayteens
    Free Member

PMSL – No moobs thankfully, but will have another tweak of the straps etc.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I use the roll bar mount and either mount on the seat post pointing forward (a bit freaky), pointing back (makes everything look like it’s in warp speed) or under the stem with the nadle bars and/or front wheel in shot, I think this is the best forward facing shot I think.

All the chest/helmet mounts are to wobbly in my opinion.

Northwind

Parkinsons?

The camera should be very stable on the chest mount, strap needs to be tight and in the right place so that it’s settled nicely, bolts need to be tight too.

superfli
    Free Member

yeah I have my chest mount really tight – almost stopping me from complete inhalation lol!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I want your garden

geetee1972
    Free Member

I can’t believe we haven’t had a flood of ‘grass needs cutting, should prune that bush, pick up the goal post that’s lying on the ground’ type comments.

Come on peeps, what’s wrong with you?

On a separate note, your bars are too narrow and you’re stem is too long 😀

On a serious note, have you tried the helmet mount? This wobble is pretty standard for GoPro footage (probably for all camera types buy I only have experience of the GoPro), but the good news is that that is as bad as it gets, i.e. your garden isn’t gnarly, but even on the rockiest of trails, it’s no worse than what you’re seeing here.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback – I’ll do some more experimentation and post the results for slaughtering comment.

The grass does need cutting, but in my defence, I broke the starter recoil on the lawn tractor at the weekend (suspect it was more due to a stiff engine than my huge biceps) so am waiting for either a spare part, or the wife to get someone in to mow it, whichever occurs first. I don’t like neatly pruned bushes as I like to think of it is an orchared garden, and the goal post on it’s side was down to the dog….

Aaaaand, this is my hardtail, so 680mm bars and an 80mm stem or fine thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GoPro users – advice please’ is closed to new replies.