Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gopro settings question.
  • matty456
    Free Member

Evening, my videos look “choppy” once on youtube, especially at speed, i.e. bike moving past a static camera, is that called ghosting or shadowing? and where there are light changes. How do I get it looking better? I use a Gopro Hero 2, record at 720p 60fps and use Sony Vegas to edit and render to youtube as per their suggested settings. Here’s one of my video’s just to show you what I mean. Thanks. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HqhC5OxVko[/video]

Davesport

Try a different editing suite. I had a similar problem whilst using Moviemaker. The GoPro SW worked for me.

D.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Vegas is fine, you do not need new software. Are you sure you are rendering at 60fps? Go into the properties and render settings each and check they are both at 60fps (of 59.whatever). Otherwise go on youtube and watch some videos for “best render settings for Vegas 13” or similar to make sure yours is set up correctly. There’s some conflicting information out there so absorb much information.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll look into it.

rudedog
    Free Member

You should tilt the camera further up when its on the chest cam – its pretty distracting seeing your legs in so much of the frame.

matty456
    Free Member

Will do rudedog, cheers.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Youtube muddies up the vids. Try hosting them on a different site, like Vimeo

philwarren11
    Free Member

I didnt think youtube shows 60fps, try exporting it at 30fps then uploading.

matty456
    Free Member

Tried to upload to Vimeo before and it didn’t work. I was obviously doing something wrong! Will try again though. Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gopro settings question.’ is closed to new replies.