Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GoPro Session is currently £159 – too good to miss?
  • MrPottatoHead

A friend is looking at buying a GoPro so was asking me which model would be best. As above the Hero 4 Session is currently £159. Is that a bit of a bargain? Spec seems better than the lower end Hero range and can’t see any downsides.

Any thoughts on why its going for pretty much half the original RRP? From clips I’ve seen video performance looks ok. Am I missing something?

andymc06
    Free Member

That is the new rrp so no rush. Some retailers are just slow to adjust. Certainly quite tempting at that price. May well come up in a deal soon though.

jimdubleyou

Only downsides are resolution(doesn’t do 4k) & waterproofing compared to others – 10m instead of 40m.

If it’s for above water duties and you’re not worried about 4k / high frame rates then it’s the one to go for…

As Andy says – wait until the sales, you might get another 10-20 quid off?

timwillows
    Free Member

Its just new list price, will be discounted soon – I’m waiting for £135

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmm, I’m tempted – got a Argos voucher that gets me another 10% off.

But, as they’ve reduced the price is another, better-er, version due out, maybe with LCD screen similar to the SJCAM M10 .. ?

CraigW
    Free Member

The non-replaceable battery is annoying.

MrPottatoHead

Cool cheers guys didn’t realise it was new RRP. Bit confused where that leaves the Hero+ which is £10 more but lower spec. Surely no need for both in the range.

breadcrumb

Doesn’t the hero+ have a screen?

gaz552
    Free Member

It’s a good price to get a gopro that will shoot 1080p at 60fps.
    Also it’s size probably makes it perfect for mounting on the underside of your helmet’s visor/peak.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Session is currently £159 – too good to miss?’ is closed to new replies.