Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Gopro Session – Give me a reason not to buy one?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Looking for a simple action cam to replace my nikon aw 100. Needs to be waterproof without a case, easy to use and tough. Budget about £150. Can you give me a good reason to not get a Session? What else should I consider?

rossburton
    Free Member

Session is tiny and awesome. Get one!

nedrapier

Cos you can never be bothered doing anything with the footage? That’s my reason for not getting one.

IHN

No one wants to watch the stuff you shoot?

dexterbexley
    Free Member

All valid points 🙂

twistedpencil

Got one at Xmas, used a few times, it’s good. Took it to the mega last week and have spent the week watching the footage when at work.

Great bit of kit. Blooming simple to use.

jimdubleyou

What’s the footage like compared to the Hero3+?

I quite fancy a Session for the tiny size, but not sure I can justify another camera (my other n+1 disease).

dryroasted
    Free Member

I’m so tempted to buy an action cam, but I’m not sure I would ever watch the footage

wilburt
    Free Member

Thats the trouble, life’s too short.
    Why watch yesterdays ride when you could be riding again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why watch yesterdays ride when you could be riding again?

What about dropping a sick edit for all the likes and shares, braw? All about teh psikk editz.

But yes, you’ll end up with hours upon hours of footage that no one wants to watch. Not even you. My regular ride group gave up on filming about three years ago. We do still shot work though, on nice tech stuff, or for lovely landscapes.

Ride, don’t film.

mcnultycop

You can remember stuff better than it actually was.

martymac

I had a gopro hero, bought it to go to canada, made a few hours of footage, watched about 5 mins of it and didnt touch the camera again for about 18 months, when i simply threw it in the bin.
    Battery life utter crap, image quality average.
    Ymmv of course, but I wouldn’t bother with one again.

andylc
    Free Member

The problem with helmet / chest / wherever else people put them camera footage is that it’s usually shit. Other than that get one!

singlespeedstu

We do still shot work though, on nice tech stuff

Your edit on that potholed sik farmtrack had me on the edge of my seat for the whole half hour it took you to get to the village store for a pint of milk braa.
    Looking forwards to your next cut.

tomtomthepipersson

You can get a Hero 4 refurb for not a lot more:
    http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/refurbished-hero4-silver/CHDNH-B10.html

I got one a few months ago – no complaints. Got some extra 3rd party batteries and charger and a big bundle of straps, mounts etc for peanuts off of eBay.

Do it.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

Get one, brilliant bit of kit.
    I use mine for practice days of Enduro race weekends.
    Good to watch the footage back and make line decisions. If anything decent I’ll keep otherwise I delete after the weekend.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

My regular ride group gave up on filming about three years ago. We do still shot work though, on nice tech stuff, or for lovely landscapes.

Ride, don’t film.

Can’t wait to see the footage of your group rides and your tech stuff. Hope it’s not on the other laptop again…..

Vortexracing

I bought one a s a bargain for Halfrauds

this is some footage from Kirroughtree edited using movie maker

[video]http://vimeo.com/157917530[/video]

this one is edited using the go pro software which I think is better

[video]http://vimeo.com/157950530[/video]

flaps
    Free Member

I’m in a similar situation but I’d like the silver 4 with the screen on.
    Are they ok for normal family footage and images too? Chances are it would get used more for that to be honest. I’m just not convinced it would get much use.
    That refurb option’s good to know, thanks!

geoffj

I’ve had a scam 4000 and now I’ve got a session. Used for skiing and the kids in the Loch / sea / pool on holidays.
    Miss J got a few mins of film of dolphins on a recent trip which will be edited down and taken to school for a talk.
    At £140 it’s almost disposable, get one and have some fun – just don’t bore too many people with your sik edits (nach).

bennyball
    Free Member

Battery life on any gopro is pretty poor hence I got a hero 4 so I can carry spare batteries. The session battery is built in so can’t be replaced

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Gopro Session – Give me a reason not to buy one?’ is closed to new replies.