Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • GoPro Session – getting extra battery life current (no pun) thinking?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Just acquired a GoPro Session and quoted battery life is 2 hours which I’d like to extend a bit, aside from using an Anker thing and a long cable is there any other cunning solution the hive mind knows about?

I’ve seen a KickStarter thing that would be good, but unsure if available (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173297011/ecstapro-the-first-gopro-session-extended-battery) – anyone any experience?

Equally any tricks to make it last longer than 2 hours out of the box?

Cheers!

markshires
    Free Member

It’s 2 hours recording time, unless your leaving it running all day i find it’s plenty of battery time. When it’s not recording it totally shuts down so it doesn’t use any battery, I’ve never run out of battery yet and done full days with it, only recording the good bits though. It did a full day at BPW, recording all the runs down the hill for example.

munkster
    Free Member

To clarify, I’m talking about on a 3-4 hour (road) bike ride where it’s running/recording all the time.

Edit: thinking about it I don’t know if the memory card has enough capacity for that length of recording time either so I guess I’m learning all the way!

Paceman
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ll have to use an external battery like an Anker or similar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Session – getting extra battery life current (no pun) thinking?’ is closed to new replies.