Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GoPro sd card/video back up HELP wanted
  • Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

Hi I am heading to the alps this summer and will be recording with a go pro hd hero2.

I have a 32GB SDHC class 10 memory card to use for my footage, 32gb will be full in 4 hrs approx so I will fill a memory card per day, I’m not intending on taking 7 memory cards for 7 days worth of recording.

So my question is; is there like a portable hard drive or something I can put the sd memory card in to copy the data too?Therefore freeing up the memory card each night for me to use the next day?

Any assistance appreciated.

Anyone had experience of doing this?

(I don’t really wanna take my laptop over).

Thanks

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

you really want to record 28 hours of helmetcam?

a laptop is the obvious and easiest solution – if there are any portable storage only options they are going to be expensive and you’d be better off buying a few cheap SD cards (you only need class 4 and up for gopro)

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

I may not need 28 hours in fact likely i wont, But I’d rather have the option to record, I’ll be putting it on each day so don’t wanna not have the space on a memory card.

Cheap cards and go pros don’t go…..class 4 are shite

San Disk extreme 32GB class 10 are the only cards going in my hero2 its full hd 1080p and these are by far the best cards, well guess the extreme pro is better BUT not for £100+

Looks like laptop but a portable unit would be better 😉

Northwind

I worried about the same thing when we went to France but then I realised I was recording far less than I thought I would,just because so much time’s spent not riding. Really think you’ll be doing 4 hours of filmable riding in a day?

Anyway- what I intended to use as a backup was my old Creative Zen Vision M MP3 player, which has an “USB-suck” mode which pull data off devices connected to it. (only the 60gb can do it). They cost £20-£30 these days so might be an option.

But… Why do you think you need an expensive card? Gopro themselves say class 4 is fine for anything but the fast-photo and timelapse modes, and mine (a HD rather than HD2 but still) is fine with C4. Why insist on overpriced Sandisk?

unsponsored
    Free Member

Check out the 7dayshop. Class 10 32GB for under £20.

Some of my GoPro stuff – http://www.unsponsored.co.uk/press/?s=gopro&submit=Search no mtb though, just kayaking at the minute.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GoPro sd card/video back up HELP wanted’ is closed to new replies.