Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GoPro Repair
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

Anyone know about or have experience of sending a GoPro away to be repaired or repairing one yourself?

My Hero 3+ got sucked into my wheel and it looks like the button on the protective case got pushed in hard enough to leave a mark on the on/off mode button on the front of the actual camera and the LCD screen is broken. It doesn’t turn on.

It’s been sat broken in my house since the summer, it seems a shame not to attempt to repair it. Any ideas?

sambob
    Free Member

Seem to remember someone sending a GoPro back and them just being sent a new one free of charge, I might be making that up though…

andysredmini
    Free Member

Strangely in all the years of owning one and reading about them I have never heard of a faulty one or a broken one. Not saying it hasn’t happened just never heard about it. I’m interested interested in hearing otherwise though.

kayak23

Exactly what happened to my Hero 2. Be interested if anyone has had a repair, although I suspect it wouldn’t make financial sense.

danposs86

I am about to send my 4 Silver back for a return. Phoned them up and it was straight forward and got an email shortly afterwards with all the details to sort out a return. Only problem is working out how to send back via UPS, no nearby dropoffs.

hainman
    Free Member

If going with my experience of my case breaking they claim “dangerous due to use ie damage caused by accidental damage is not covered”if it was software/hardware issue then aye they would warranty it but not if you smashed it using it,but I could be wrong

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I broke one and the nice people at PC world swapped it for another which did work. Which was nice. I might have left out the quadcopter fence interface issue bit, but they were nice people.

jimdubleyou

I flooded a Hero 3 diving last year.

Sent it off to be repaired at a place I googled – no go, massively corroded.

Haven’t tried sending it back to GoPro themselves though, might be worth a go at their “most damaged ever” prize…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Repair’ is closed to new replies.