Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • gopro question
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

please can someone tell me why i have black spaces on ech side of my video?

do i need to change it?
    if so will i have a better picture angle?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031CE9Sosuw[/video]

by the way im the one in front!!

cheers

AlexSimon

If you’ve got it to r4 setting, then you get a 4:3 aspect ratio (1280×960).
    That’s what they recommend for chest mounting iirc.
    Sticking it either r3 (1280×720) or r5 (1920×1080) will fill that youtube window, but I think you lose vertical angle of view (i.e. it’s not as forgiving about aiming).

Hope that helps!

Northwind

Looks like you’re recording in 4:3 but rendering your video from the editor in widescreen?

cubemeup
    Free Member

cheers alex, would it be better for me to change it??

i have flipped the filming upside down so i get the better angle

AlexSimon

It depends – One problem with the chest position is that it’s different between standing and sitting, so that extra vertical angle can be useful.

Personally, I find the 16:9 aspect ratio of r3 and r5 much more pleasing to the eye however.

cubemeup
    Free Member

cheers fella, how do i do that??!! lol

AlexSimon

I can’t remember which combination of the 2 buttons it it, but I know the ‘r’ doesn’t show. So on the screen, the bottom left number is the number to change.

It should be showing ‘4’ currently. Choosing 3 will lower the resolution slightly but increase the framerate (50 or 60fps).

Choosing 5 will increase the resolution (and therefore the amount of time you can fit on the sd card) with a framerate of 25 or 30.

cubemeup
    Free Member

cheers alex

coastkid
    Free Member

R3 is good for chest cam with it upside down, record in PAL and check to publish in 16:9

i struggle to publish films in correct screen too 😳

geordiemick00
    Free Member

You’re recording in R5 which is the full 1080p setting, this reduces the field of vision down to 127 degrees from 170ish, set it at R4 which is full width of the lens and in an equally as good 960p.

CLICK ME for instructions on how to change.

I’ve always filmed in R4 and an example on my Cube Stereo Race..
    [video]http://www.vimeo.com/22860204[/video]

EDIT! That one was on my Rumblefish!

This was on my Cube..
    [video]http://www.vimeo.com/20966496[/video]

AlexSimon

ok – so geordiemick00 is advising the exact opposite of me. I guess you’ll have to experiment and see 🙂

comedyphil
    Free Member

I find that with the chest mount, I personally prefer to use the r5 option, as otherwise the fish-eye of the 170degree FOV makes my arms look ridiculously long. Do get a narrower field of vision, but once i’d gotten the knack of setting it at the right angle (upside down, tilted out about 45 degrees) you don’t really notice the difference in images captured.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘gopro question’ is closed to new replies.