Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GoPro Hishap !
  • beano68
    Free Member

Well finally got round to using my Gopro for the very 1st time today on the border ridge route in the cheviots and its was a cracking day but only to find that the sodding thing was pointing down !!! with no view !

I thought it was pointing straight ahead and level ! any tips on how to gauge it right ?

I was using a chest harness

Ta

dai21t
    Free Member

Use the gopro app on your phone. Gives a live view from the camera

jam-bo

Turn the mount upside down. It needs to be nearly pointing up your nose to work well on the chest mount when your riding.

andysredmini
    Free Member

As above. Use the gopro phone app. But you still need to be careful if using a chesty or helmet mount as your riding position is not always where you think it is.
    Best do a few test runs before proper filming.

whitestone
    Free Member

Get the gopro app on your phone, makes setting up a lot easier. Beyond that, mount the camera upside down – there’s a menu option to automatically invert the video but you can invert the recording in software on your computer.

As a rough guide – you should be able to put your first three fingers (not including your little finger) between your chest and the back of the camera casing. Make sure you have the harness really tight to avoid most of the vibration style wobbly video. Once you’ve got the angle sorted mark the mount at the swivel point with tipex or similar so if it gets knocked you can put it back without faffing about.

One tip I’ve seen is to set the recording mode for HD to 1440 rather than 1080. Effectively this is a 4:3 aspect ratio rather than 16:9 but it means that you can select the best bit of the resulting video and keep HD resolution. (GoPro Studio and iMovie both can do this, not sure of what Windows SW can do)

beano68
    Free Member

Gopro app !!! cheers lads

hainman
    Free Member

Run the camera upside down, change the settings in the camera so it records the other way up.point it out a bit,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Hishap !’ is closed to new replies.