Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GoPro hero video output
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Just wondering what format , render options you use for the final output of your GoPro flicks

I usually end up with a few snippets of the good bits (when I say good, I actually mean shit ok) and put them together to make one thankfully short film of the day but that final output takes forever and is a a it hit and miss as I really am just guessing. I’ve tried to read some web sites about it but it just ends up being way way above my head going on about frame rates and MB/s

GoPro is usually on 1080 , 60fps.

Output rendering through AVCHD, whatever that is. Is there. A nice easy guide or rule of thumb that a Numpty like me can handle. Oh, I have sony movie studio as the editor of choice as you can drag sound tracks into it nice and easy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I upload mine to Vimeo so I render at their guidelines but with a slightly increased bit rate normally. Makes for a sensible file size.

What software are you using to do the edit/render?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sony movie studio 12.

Apart from the final rendering bit, it’s very straight forwards.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/485-how-to-render-1080p-and-720p-video-using-sony-vegas-pro-12
    http://www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/436-how-to-render-720p-video-movie-studio-platinum-12
    Looks like you may have some internet presets in there which will make life easier.

The next bit is about how you share them, if it’s online then you don’t want to go overkill on the size, I made some early mistakes and blew out on size and over did the quality only for the site to drop it down again so that people could actually watch it!

Give the internet HD 1080 a go and see what it’s like

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Cheers Mike. I’ll give them a look tomorrow night.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GoPro hero video output’ is closed to new replies.