Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GoPro hero 4 session
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

Has anyone got one and used it underwater, it states it is safe to use to 10m with no waterproof case but I am wanting to use it for cliff diving so I would imagine I would need a waterproof case too?

Markie
    Free Member

Not cliff diving (at all!) but ours was perfectly happy jumping 1.5m from a pier into a lake, and swimming to the bottom of the lake in ‘how deep can you swim’ challenges.

I don’t think you will need a case.

hanchurch
    Free Member

It’s the impact pressure I am thinking about too, I will not take it deeper than 10m but the impact pressure will be greater than that produced 10m underwater.

Markie
    Free Member

Knowing nothing f cliff diving, just trying to think it through, will it be hitting the water first to get that impact, or following in behind something?

hanchurch
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong by cliff diving I mean jumping off a 10m cliff for an adrenaline rush, I’m no Tom Daley! The GoPro will effectively hit the water first as it will be in my hand or on a stick.

Markie
    Free Member

Googling for it, it seems lots of cliff jumpers do use the session, I couldn’t find any mention of a case in the videos I saw…

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve got one and i’ve taken it to a depth of 2m without a problem. the case is pretty tough but it depends on the height you’re diving in from as to whether it needs an outer case to further protect it from the impact of hitting the water…just to be on the safe side i would suggest you add a flotation arm to it just in case the impact knocks the camera lose of if you let go of it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GoPro hero 4 session’ is closed to new replies.