Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • GoPro HD Hero – To 1080p or to 960p?
  • willard

So, my birthday is coming up and a good friend in the US has said that he’s happy to send me a present from his local AV store that would, strangely, be something that I’m wanting to buy, namely a GoPro HD Hero. Good lad!

However, I don’t know which of the two models would be the right choice, or whether one is worth the extra cash (not that I’m paying for it mind). People have told me to go for the 1080p version because, at some point, I may get a TV that will show the picture. It also will do 720p at 60fps meaning that when I do use it out on my bike/wakeboard/etc, I can do the whole slow motion thing properly. However, my wife makes a very legit point that the 960p will do just about all that, but is a lot cheaper.

So, the big questions… Which one should I go for? Is the full HD one $120 better than the 960p? Can the 960p version be hacked to bring it up to 1080p?

Cheers.

Flaperon

Get the full HD one, and shoot everything at 60fps.

Northwind

Personally I’d go for the 960- I’ve got a 1080 and it’s great but since you get 9/10ths of the functionality I wouldn’t buy another. You do still get a 60fps mode, though it’s lower res of course.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘GoPro HD Hero – To 1080p or to 960p?’ is closed to new replies.