Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GoPro HD HERO 960 or Contour Roam?
  • geoffj

I’m not bothered about 1080 video.

GoPro HD Hero 960 or Contour Roam

I like the simplicity and waterproofness of the Roam, but the GoPro seems to be more popular and comes with a proper waterproof housing.

I’ll be using it for biking and kayaking.

Whaddya think? Owt else to consider?

willard

I have the Contour and use it for all manner of stuff, but I have to say that it is better for situations where it can be mounted on the side of things, like helmets, cars, etc. Mounting it to my kayak is a non-trivial exercise and my last attempt failed a bit.

I would honestly suggest going for the 1080p version of the GoPro and having done with it. Use one camera for everything, including kayaking and diving.

geoffj

Cheers willard

I’ve just thrown caution to the wind and ordered the HD Hero 2 Outdoor Edition

Not bad for £210 from Amazon 🙂

willard

Not bad indeed! A shame I have no spare cash, otherwise I would shopping for the same thing.

soundninjauk

I went with a GoPro Hero2 because now I don’t have to worry about whether it’s waterproof enough, it’s always going to be fine. A friend of mine got a Contour initially, but swapped it for a GoPro when he saw mine. We use them at 720p/50fps mode. Here’s something we made with them last weekend…

[video]http://vimeo.com/43338710[/video]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GoPro HD HERO 960 or Contour Roam?’ is closed to new replies.