Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GoPro file retrieval. Please, please help. Lost honeymoon pics (easy now)
  • finners

in short. Took the GoPro on our honeymoon. But i cant open any of the files. It recognises them as jpeg and mp4, but does open them. Using a Mac if that makes any difference. To be honest i’m angry with myself and sad that the wife cant see the pictures of out trips swimming with turtles etc. If there is a way to retrieve them and someone can help, i’ll be eternally grateful.
    Thanks

willard

Does it say that the files are corrupt, or is there just a generic error? What applicaitons have you used to try and open them, just Photos, or another app through Finder?

poonprice
    Free Member

Most likely corruption or faulty memory card, had it once with a Contour camera.

Have you tried connecting the GoPro to your smartphone and viewing the files directly off that?

Have you tried removing the SD Card and viewing on computer or using a USB cable and viewing them on off the GoPro that way?

Have you copied the file to your workstation? as above what application are you trying to view them in?

bigjim

Not an expert but have used Recuva on pc to retrieve deleted pics. I wonder uf you should take an image of the card before messing around, this will give you a backup of the card as it is. Go pro studio might work better than whatever a mac uses.

P.s. Your willy will look v small on go pro

craig24
    Free Member

Does the mac open other JPEG files? It’s not a file association issue is it?

Do you have access to another Mac or Windows machine to try the GoPro there?

allan23
    Free Member

What people above said, plus….

Was the SD Card an eBay Bargain? Have you used it before to store the full stated storage.

There are fakes where the card isn’t the size it says it is.

Sundayjumper

I had an issue years ago, and a recovery app on the PC sorted it. Might have been Recuva.

The problem – as I understood it – was that I’d not formatted the card before using it. The camera merrily took photos and would play them back no problem *until* the card was removed & reinserted. It then lost some kind of crucial bit of data and thought it was a blank card.

If that’s anything like you’re experiencing then you will hopefully be able to retrieve your files no problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GoPro file retrieval. Please, please help. Lost honeymoon pics (easy now)’ is closed to new replies.