Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gopro 3 update
  • hainman
    Free Member

has anyone updated their camera software and Gopro app to see how the new features are working.Unfortunatley im just out hospital after major bowel surgery so it will be a while yet before i get to use my camera….really like the idea of video file transfer and video playback on ipad.iphone so you can view what you have ridden without having to hook up to a laptop…

rs
    Free Member

Its great, browsing is quite quick, it took a few seconds to transfer one photo to the phone, so a whole video would take a while, not bad if you’re recording little clips maybe. I stuck mine in photo mode last night, went for a ride, browsed photos on my phone, saved one to my iPhone, edited it and posted on the web before we even retrieved my car from the top, very cool!

rs
    Free Member

This was the pic, all without going near the computer 🙂

MadPierre

“Content playback, sharing and access to the camera’s memory card is not available on Windows Phone.” Bah! They haven’t done an update for the Windows phone yet

Milkie
    Free Member

It is also worth pointing out that GoPro no longer recommend SanDisk cards, even though they previously recommended them. They will still work, but only at 35mbps rather than 45mbps. What do I do with the 6 32gb Sandisk cards now!?

Love they update tho! They just need to add a few features, such as cutting a clip to upload.

bigjim

I don’t use the app but the latest firmware seems to freeze less, though i can still make it freeze by changing to photo mode too quickly after turning it on 👿

innit_gareth
    Free Member

New update makes the app really worth having – it was pretty pointless without being able to browse the photos / video on the camera. Only prob is you can’t playback the higer res vids on the iphone (that’s an iphone issue though I think).

Duane…
    Free Member

Just updated by GoPro3 – very impressed.

However (this isn’t new with the update, always done it) – does anyone else have to turn off Mobile Data to be able to connect the app to the camera?

I can connect to the camera wifi no problems, but if I don’t turn off Mobile Data, the app can’t connect to the camera which is a bit annoying – is this normal?

jam-bo

iphone or android? works fine on my iphone 5 just selecting the gopro wifi network.

Duane…
    Free Member

iPhone 4s

Milkie
    Free Member

However (this isn’t new with the update, always done it) – does anyone else have to turn off Mobile Data to be able to connect the app to the camera?

No. iPhone 4S abuser here.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0y0nWAje-Q[/video]

Duane…
    Free Member

Haha, unfortunately that hasn’t solved it 🙁 Nor has reinstalling the app..

hainman
    Free Member

Iphone 4s user and never had an issue connecting phone to camera with mobile data on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gopro 3 update’ is closed to new replies.