Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Googling – mobile vs desktop
  • aracer
    Free Member

Just googled for something on my phone, decided to go to the laptop for easier viewing. Not only does the item I’m interested in not come up given the same search terms, it doesn’t even come up if I search for the exact description. What exactly am I doing wrong?

scotroutes

Your laptop is configured for Safe Search so the 6″ glass buttplug pages are hidden.

Klunk
    Free Member

all mobile phone usage is piped through GCHQ there’s probably a fault their end.

l0key
    Free Member

Prob as simple as I logged into Google on phone browser if android, but not on laptop or cookie.

Personalised search results on one but not another.

Test it with inprivate browser windows on both then results should be the same.

footflaps

all mobile phone usage is piped through GCHQ there’s probably a fault their end.

All internet traffic….

traildog
    Free Member

As above, I guess you are not logged into Google on your laptop. I can share history between mobile and various machines. I also have push bullet installed so I can push pages between them.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Google give greater weighting to mobile friendly pages when searching on a mobile device, so results will differ depending on device.

aracer
    Free Member

Nope – always logged in, and it seems to transfer map searches

Will have a play around with the private thingy (and dev tools on the laptop to pretend it’s a phone)

Cougar

I also have push bullet installed so I can push pages between them.

Holy crap, that looks handy. Cheers for the tip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Googling – mobile vs desktop’ is closed to new replies.