Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Google Pixel 2
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Just ordered one for Mrs Grips. Any happy or unhappy owners here? With a customer return offer and a discount code we have it for £26/mo on a light use tariff.

Cougar

Surely the time to ask is -before- you order it?

matt_outandabout

I bought middle_OAB a Nokia 8 on Argos eBay as a box open return, on the day they had a £75 voucher off it. Cost £220ish. I have added an ID mobile £5/mth sim for 2.25gb/1000mins/1000texts.

Similar ‘bare’ Android experience.

molgrips
    Free Member

No cos I can send it back if needed. Thought I’d ask on here that’s all.

olly2097
    Free Member

Had a GS8, took my wife’s pixel 2 as an upgrade as she didn’t like it so we swapped.

Looks like an old phone due to the bezel. Compared to say the Samsung. Bit like iPhones I guess.

I find the screen responsiveness lacking sometimes. Especially on what’s app. Having to hit space or send a few times is annoying me now.

Camera is really really good.

Lack of wireless charging and headphone socket are a bit annoying for me.

Pure android which I like.

Smooth. Quick.

Google assistant is an improvement on the ok Google thingy. You can have it so your voice wakes and unlocks the phone. So you can just ask your phone to turn the central heating up without lifting a finger. Same whilst driving; ask it to play songs on Spotify without looking at the screen.

Battery life is good.

I can’t help but think it’s using more mobile data than my galaxy, unless I’m being paranoid.

Doesn’t work with my 2017 Samsung smart TV. Can I cast anything? Can I hell. It’s the phone. My Samsung and Sony phones worked fine. There is only a cast option. Why the phone doesn’t use the usb c port as a hdmi out like all other phones is beyond me. So it’s Chromecast or nothing if I want my pictures on the TV screen.

I like it but it’s got niggles.

P-Jay
    Free Member

We’ve got a few users we manage in work, they love them – former Apple users, but not tribal about it – it’s arguably one of the highest spec phones currently available without a lot of the bloat the Samsungs come with and more flexibility than iOS offers. Some might prefer a ‘edge’ screen or iOS simplicity but there’s nothing you can say is wrong about them.

It’s likely to be my next phone after 3 iphones on the bounce for a bit of a change.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve just got one, very happy with the performance and camera. If I had a quibble it does seem quite plastic compared to my previous Xperia 2. Just fitted a case though and that’s helped considerably. Also getting used to Bluetooth for music, the supplied jack adapter is fine if a little fussy. Saying that I picked up an Amazon lightning deal on a pair of headphones and they are great.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just bought her bluetooth headphones for Christmas so probably not an issue 🙂

submarined
    Free Member

I have had one for about 3 months. I bloody love it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Google Pixel 2’ is closed to new replies.