Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • google nexus thingy, what do you think
  • turneround

wanting to surprise the missus with a wee gift and she been wanting a kindle fire HD. ive read reviews that say the Google nexus is the better option, anyone got real life feedback on this or other option i can look at.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Do you mean the Nexus 7? (There’s a few Nexus devices – Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10)

Excellent tablet, won lots of awards, it’s the 7″ Android tablet of choice and is highly recommended. Since I got mine in October I’ve used my laptop about 3 times, I love it.

Lots of threads on here with advise and tips if you search ‘Nexus 7’.

fadda

And if you mean the Nexus 10, my experience is the same as g-s’s 7 – hardly use the lappy now.

Son has the 7, and he’s never off it!

kayak23

Excellent bit of kit. Recommend highly.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It’s powerful – I won’t be taking a laptop on holiday now I can since plug in a card reader with a £1 usb-otg cable, download photos from the card and edit them in Pixlr Express, or review GoPro footage…

SnS
    Free Member

Bought my wife one in the hope that it would end up being mine after she got bored with it – Not happened as she loves it ! – Which, to be honest, I’m actually happy about.

Downside of this being that she’s like a teenager with it seemingly glued to her hand 😉

On the rare occasions I’ve managed to get my hands on it, I’ve always been left with the impression that it’s an exceptionally good piece of kit for the money

If I had to nit-pick, I’d say it could do with a better camera, ….but taking into account the price and it’s other talents, I could easily live with it.

It’s rather good !

Chris

turneround

sorry nexus 7 it was… cool, nice one guys

stuarty
    Free Member

Erm a camera would be good
    That other thing is a webcam thingmy
    But hell its nit picking

Our kid got a kindle fire from santa its a good job as well far louder than nexus 7
    Recomend both

allthepies
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t bother with the Kindle (as I’ve heard it’s *very* Amazon-centric, no surprise there then).

uponthedowns
    Free Member

My daughter got a Nexus 7 for Xmas and I got a Nexus 10. We’re both very happy with them. The 7 is better as a reader but the 10 is better for web surfing and movies. Obviously they can both run Kindle but the Google reader’s page turning animation makes it a bit nicer to use than Kindle.

PrinceJohn

Why do want a camera in a tablet? Anyone I’ve seen taking a picture with a tablet looks like an ass.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘google nexus thingy, what do you think’ is closed to new replies.