Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Google Nexus 6 (phone) and 9 (tablet) announced.
  • allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.google.com/intl/all/nexus/

Hoping the Nexus 5 gets reduced like wot the 4 did last year.

And it’s Android Lollipop!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

decent battery size on the 6 phone, but their main tablet has got smaller ?

AlexSimon

Hoping the Nexus 5 gets reduced like wot the 4 did last year.

Isn’t the 6 too big for many people though – keeping the 5 perfectly valid?
    Dunno.

allthepies
    Free Member

Quite possibly, I think the Nexus 4 was being discounted prior to the 5 announcement last time, so looks like no deal this yr 🙁

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Want.

Stoner
    Free Member

Dont want.

Im sticking with my Nexus 4 and 7.

can you imagine how much jeopardy a 6″ phone would be in in the workshop?!?! At least the 4″ fits in a zipped chest pocket out of harm’s way.

spacemonkey

My N5 runs a smoothly now as the day I got it a year ago. V impressed with most aspects. Won’t be upgrading to N6 or any similar device as a 5″ screen is IMO too big (for one handed use) already – and really can’t see the attraction of 6″ displays. Those huge Samsungs that have been doing the rounds just look hideous IMO.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Looking forward to lollipop.

scaredypants

I wanted bigger – 6.5 or more 🙁

Don’t really make calls on my phone and do use it to read documents. What I really want is a small tablet that can make occasional calls

andyl
    Free Member

6″ just seems silly.

I’ve got a Nexus 4 and been hoping the 5 will be on offer soon but the 6 looks like a massive jump in spec. Just a shame the screen is so big.

theflatboy
    Free Member

6 inch phone is huge… anyone seen prices for that tablet?

jekkyl

I have a nexus 4 and I love it. What I would like is a re-issue of the 4 with higher specs, 4″ is a great size for a phone and it fits in the back of my cycling vest perfect. 1 improvement would be to do without the glass back as I came off my bike on some ice the same month I had it and it’s been smashed ever since.

allthepies
    Free Member

Another 4 owner here and I like it.

The 4 will get Lollipop when it’s released.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Anyone know when L is going to be released?

kimbers

yeah a super duper 4″er wouldve done me!

but to be honest my 4 is still ace, and beterrer than the wifes 5S to boot

allthepies
    Free Member

Android 5.0 Lollipop, which comes on Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player, will also be available on Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10 and Google Play edition devices in the coming weeks.

http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/android-be-together-not-same.html

somouk
    Free Member

I was hoping they would update the 5 to a new processor instead of just the new OS.

Shame the 6 is so big! Oh well Google yet again I won’t make the jump from Apple.

chambord
    Free Member

The price has taken a bit of a bump 🙁 still cheap but not like other nexii.

Dat screen tho

Edit: ^^^ quite impressed we got that far without Apple being mentioned

scaredypants

turnerguy – yeah, I really mean “a tablet but without the half-inch bezel each side”. No idea why they do that; it’s just daft (or maybe cheap is the word I’m looking for)

supposedly samsung’s making one but I havent found it anywhere sensible

Underhill
    Free Member

I was seriously considering a 9 for a holiday purchase in the States next year, but if it’s staying with 16/32GB storage then I don’t think I’ll bother especially if the price is significantly higher than the 7 I already have.

Looks like I’ll just buy a decent size USB key & OTG it.

the_lecht_rocks

How much is the 6 going to be in the uk ?

wiggles
    Free Member

Sticking with my 5 as 6 would be too big for my baby hands! will be updating to lollipop on Friday though.

chambord
    Free Member

From the Guardian:

The Nexus 6 costs £499 ($649) with 32GB of storage and the Nexus 9 £319 ($399).

So cheapish but not enough to tempt me. I’d probably still buy a 5 if I were to buy a new phone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

3 months in with the 5 and I’m still very impressed 🙂 Couldn’t wait for the 6 as my galaxy battery was dead and I wanted a change. The 9 looks interesting and might be my first go with a tablet especially as most of my in flight entertainment is done over the wireless now.

bitasuite
    Free Member

The 4 will get Lollipop when it’s released

I’m a 4 owner and I was reading something last night that said the 4 wasn’t going to be upgraded. Will be annoyed if it’s not. If true the only option would be to root the phone which is a pain in the a**.

allthepies
    Free Member

Google made a mistake in their original blog post but then corrected it. The 4 is getting Lollipop.

http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/android-be-together-not-same.html

muggomagic

The 2012 nexus 7 is getting it too apparently.

sauce

cheers_drive

I’m glad they’ve gone for 6″ because I don’t feel like I’ve missed out by having to buy a LG G3 after my last phone broke before the N6 was released.

It’s strikes me that it’s a bit silly and unsustainable to need to give the devices a screen size after a not used before name.

The LG G3 is very impressive by the way

the_lecht_rocks

my venerable HTC Desire HD died today.

I’m tormented between the Nexus 5 [£280] and the Moto G [£90] of which theres very little in it.

it’s not the price that is a concern as my company will purchase them.

wonder if the moto g will get lollipop ?

muggomagic

There’s quite a bit of difference between the nexus 5 and the moto g.
    What moto g is it? The 1st gen 8gb?

chambord
    Free Member

The moto g is getting lollipop

the_lecht_rocks

Yep, 1st gen at £90 !

cp

where for the moto g at 90 quid?

muggomagic

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    Yep, 1st gen at £90 !

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Then if price doesn’t matter then definitely get the nexus 5.

Jolsa

Another N4 user here, N6 too big for me but the N9 tablet looks great – was always impressed with the Surface keyboard in the case so glad that this has been nicked!

chambord
    Free Member

where for the moto g at 90 quid?

Mine was £95 at Tesco them £2 for an unlock code on eBay.

the_lecht_rocks

Muggo, why ?

muggomagic

Because the original moto g is a great budget phone, but it’s still a budget phone. The camera is pretty poor, only 1gb of ram and 8gb storage (assuming its the 8gb at that price) is pretty limited when 2-3gb is taken up with the os and it’s 3G only. Nexus 5 has much better camera, better screen, more storage (16gb minimum) and 2gb ram plus its 4g ready. I believe the only reason to buy the moto g over the nexus 5 is value for money and you mentioned that wasn’t an issue.

warton
    Free Member

I’ll be sticking with my 5, but have been waiting for the 9 to decide if I buy a tablet or not. I probably will..

Nexus running android can’t be beaten IMO 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Google Nexus 6 (phone) and 9 (tablet) announced.’ is closed to new replies.