• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Google Nexus 10 – anybody getting one?
  • dawson

I’m pondering getting one of these for the kids

El Reg seem to like it
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/23/review_samsung_google_nexus_10_android_tablet/

Google Play say it ships in 2-3 weeks – which cuts it pretty fine for a Christmas present

The other tablet I looked at was a Galaxy Note 10 (the one with a stylus) but that is around 8 months old

atlaz
    Free Member

I like my Nexus 7. I’d imagine the 10 is the same only more biggerer. If the kids aren’t too big, the 7 might work better for their hands. Or not of course.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Looking at the adverts the Nexus 10 has a better quality screen.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

It’s exactly what I want but still a litle pricey. I’m hoping the prices will come dowen after Christmas, there might even be a bit more competition soon.

TBH I’d rather have a slightly lower resolution screen and a bit cheaper, my 42″ TV can’t even do 2560 x 1600 and I think that’s excessive. I know it’s further away blah blah but come on, I sit at a desk with a 24″ monitor at 1920 x 1280 and I have to search for pixelation.

A decent 10″ tablet around £200 will be irresistable to me.

Mackem

I’ve got a 10″ Sony tablet (well 9.5″) tablet for sale. 32Gb. 140 quid?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/sony-tablet-s/tab/overview

dawson

kids are 10 and nearly 9.

I was going to get them a Nexus 7 each, but the missus thinks the screen is too small.

one of the kids has mentioned she wants ‘to do drawing’ on it, hence looking at the Samsung with a stylus, but given she said she wanted a guitar and has attempted to play it TWICE since getting it, she may be sh1t out of luck with getting what she wants….

I_Ache
    Free Member

I can’t help but think there will be fights aplenty with only one tablet and you will either end up spending twice as much and getting another or one broken tablet.

dawson

@ i_ache – yup, thats a concern too, which has caused me to go round in circles on this – for me the Nexus 7 is at a price which is better suited to kids.

I might just order 2xNexus 7 and they’ll get what they’re given! 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

That’s what I would do. Our girls, 5 and 3, are always pinching mine and Mrs Aches phones to play on. The oldest has even figured out the security unlock pattern on mine!

We have got the youngest an Innotab for Christmas. But I have a feeling that wont be up to the job of world domination that she will no doubt be trying to use it for.

MrGreedy

one of the kids has mentioned she wants ‘to do drawing’ on it

[Grumpy old git]

Whatever happened to a pad of paper and some crayons eh?

[/Grumpy old git]

iainc

kids here aged 6 and 9. We are looking at sub £200 tablets (I started a long thread the other week). Current plan is a Nexus 7 at Christmas and then if/once the fights begin, and by which time we will know how we are are getting on with the Nexus, a second one, or a Nexus 10 or ipad.

cranberry
    Free Member

The Galaxy Note 10.1 is very good. It has an update to Jelly Bean due real soon now, here’s a video of what you can expect:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ3krff1JCE[/video]

sam_underhill

I’ve got one on order. I really like my Galaxy Nexus phone, so a bigger version of that with multi user accounts for the coffee table sounds just about perfect. and it means I don’t need to go near itunes!

Drac

[Grumpy old git]

Whatever happened to a pad of paper and some crayons eh?

[/Grumpy old git]

Good point well made on the internet and not the church discussion board.

7 will be fine for kids or even you, they are very nice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Google Nexus 10 – anybody getting one?’ is closed to new replies.