Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Google Maps…is it more, or…
  • spooky_b329

…or has it been updated again, resulting in it being rubbish?!

I search for a town and a third of the screen is obscured by the dropdown box with photos and an advert, if you clear the box you lose your map pin for the place you just searched for. (granted this changed a while back, but still not got used to it)

Town names seem to have disappeared, you can sometimes glimpse the name whilst zooming but normally its hidden.

Suddenly more fiddly to get to streetview.

The tilt function makes it more fiddly.

I’ve lost interest after 10 minutes of fiddling 🙁 Whats the next best, Bing?

jekkyl

Try maverick

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just looked on my computer and nothing like you describe, same on my phone. Any screenshots?

mogrim

I search for a town and a third of the screen is obscured by the dropdown box with photos and an advert, if you clear the box you lose your map pin for the place you just searched for. (granted this changed a while back, but still not got used to it)

Just click somewhere on the map with no icon on it, the box disappears.

Click again and it will tell you where you’ve clicked (the box), on the left hand side of the box is the map pin.

Took a while to get used to it, not sure it’s any better than before but it’s still better than the rest.

stumpy01

Yep. It has changed. Not sure it’s better or worse yet. If it goes the same way as maps/nav on Android, then it is not a good thing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Google Maps…is it more, or…’ is closed to new replies.