• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Google Inbox invites, Ello invites, trade? #geekycuriosity
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

So I fancy a look at Google Inbox to see what I might or might not do with it but as so often, they are doing it with invites. As it happens I have been sent an invite for Ello, a new Twitter/Facebook style thing with its USP being a total lack of advertising.

Got an Inbox invite spare and fancy a look at Ello? Email in profile and I will send you an Ello invite back.

jam-bo

for Ello, a new Twitter/Facebook style thing with its USP being a total lack of advertising.

How fitting…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I know, if I actually started to use Ello, where would I get my targeted advertising from! Hence the need to aggregate more email with Google #getmyfix

Jamie
    Free Member

Can we ban the OP for using hashtags in a forum posting?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Awww, but I am using them in context of a shiny new (empty) social media revolution!
    #beingbullied

Edit- that said, I have been here long enough, I really should have felt the hammer before now #nottryinghardenough…

martinh
    Free Member

If you have any left I’d love an invite to Inbox but unfortunately only have my gratitude to offer

muggomagic

I got my inbox invite this morning and have been using it today. It’s very nice and a vast improvement on the gmail app/web. I really like the bundles and reminders and that attachments are previewed.
    I was hoping I’d get some invites to hand out, but nothing as yet.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

If anyone is throwing out Inbox invites, could you send me one please? email in profile.

Ta

PrinceJohn

Yes an inbox invite would be lovely here to – downloaded the app last night only to find out you’ve gotta be in with the cool kids to use it…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Would someone please explain this whole invite system to me?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Well, I didn’t have any Inbox invites a couple of days ago so just signed up on the Inbox website and got in about 24 hours later, so that is worth a pop. Waiting on a couple of people getting back to me as you only seem to get 3 invites and used one already.

muggomagic, if you go to send an email one of the choices is to send an invite, you sure you haven’t got any?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

ohno… Seems a popular way to soft launch a service and build a bit of a buzz around a product. I guess you are more likely to have people actually use it if they are inviting mates rather than totally random folk. Until someone inevitably posts it on a forum or the like:-)

FWIW Inbox doors seem a decent way of dealing with email but I guess you need to play with it to decide if you want it or not. Still not as good as Google Wave was, ahh, still miss the Wave…

DezB
    Free Member

Google are giving them away for the next hour. 9 – 10pm UK time
    Email inbox@google.com

😀

WillH

I got an invite from Google a few weeks ago from Google. About a week before that I just emailed them, at the address in DezB’s post above, saying “Hi, Inbox looks really interesting, please can I have an invite?” or words to that effect. Did the trick.

DezB
    Free Member

cool. But you don’t need to bumlick for the next 10 mins 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Google Inbox invites, Ello invites, trade? #geekycuriosity’ is closed to new replies.