Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Google fu help
  • matt_outandabout

How do I search for a specific term within the HTML of a specific site?

I know the specific site:www.singletrackworld.com

aracer
    Free Member

A term in the markup, rather than the normal text? I’m not sure you can, as I don’t think google indexes that (a quick test suggests not). What exactly is it you’re trying to search for?

matt_outandabout

Yes, a term in the markup not displayed text.

I have a wordpress site I am wrestling from a developer who did a half job and has disappeared and now refuses to answer the phone or email.
    The site was initially hosted on their server, and hundreds of images and links had their server url in there. I have been replacing them with the actual folder / permanent url.
    I need to check I got them all – as the developers server may be turned off at any point, and so our site would either fall over, not display images or have broken links.

Funny the developer and team now have more companies in different names from same office…hmm…

Cougar

Ah.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

“Find in files.”

aracer
    Free Member

As Cougar says – if it’s your site and you have the files, then it’s quite simple to do a text search in all of them – I presume it’s not of the scale of here which would make that tricky! Other options are available for doing that – but TBH he’s already given you a link to what I’d use.

GrahamA
    Free Member

I don’t know a lot about about WordPress but it sounds like you have a copy of the website (HTML) rather than the database that the Wordpress CMS uses to dynamically build your site.

If this is the case then you may want to take a look at Moving to a New Server

matt_outandabout

I have just knuckled down to check ever page and link.

The developer is an ar*e, but at least it looks like we are there…(ish)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Google fu help’ is closed to new replies.