Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Google Docs in Google Drive. Am I doin it rong?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Ive been having trouble with Google Drive search and management all day. And now cant open *.doc files in Google Docs that have been saved there as previously.

Google Sheets works fine.

Drive insists on opening the files in my default app, Lumin pdf viewer, since Google Docs isnt showing in the Connected App list and when I go to “Add” it, it just says that is already connected.

Can anyone else recreate this problem? Im not sdoing something wrong am I? This has always worked in the past.

– upload *.doc (MS file) to GDrive
    – double click on it to open in default app OR
    – RHClick on it and select to open it in an app

geoffj

I’m getting The server encountered an error. Please try again later when I try and access my G drive from my mac using safari. Possible hamster problems at google towers?

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive had a few server errors, some time outs, some general flakiness etc.

I have two Google Apps for Business accounts and they are both suffering. Im guessing there’s some switching over going on of the integration of Google Docs into Google Drive. Ah well, at least I can download the file and open it in MSWord as a back up. Reminds me how much I hate MSWord though 😉

scotroutes

Are you just accessing GDrive through a browser? Mine works fine

Stoner
    Free Member

Only ever through a browser. Chrome.

geoffj

Are you just accessing GDrive through a browser? Mine works fine

Yip for me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Google Docs in Google Drive. Am I doin it rong?’ is closed to new replies.