• This topic has 51 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Google chromecast – anyone using?
  • cooie
    cinnamon_girl

Just an update …

Got it working thanks to Freester’s terrific link, that was so helpful. Go me. 😀

Next question – Youtube music vids sound dreadful, in fact they actually sound better on the PC. I guess a soundbar would help but would they actually improve the sound by much?

Cheers all. 🙂

iainc

Very useful info indeed. Ours arrived a few days ago and wouldn’t work, but following links pointed me towards issues with ‘smartsetup’ on BT home hubs. Changed the settings and all good.

d42dom

Another good tip from chrome browser, hit ‘Ctrl O’ in your search bar you can then open any file on your PC in chrome eg a film, then cast that tab using the chrome cast extension.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Very useful info indeed. Ours arrived a few days ago and wouldn’t work, but following links pointed me towards issues with ‘smartsetup’ on BT home hubs. Changed the settings and all good.

When I bought mine the lady in PC World asked me if I have BT internet, curiously I asked why, she said they don’t work with BT just now.

fenred
    Free Member

Interesting! ‘Bookmarked’

iainc

Princejohn, they are fine once you change the hub settings. I am crap with technology but a bit of googling and it was sorted. Got a new infinity setup going in next week with hub 5 so expecting to have to repeat what I did with the homehub 3.

fenred
    Free Member

Iainc- don’t s’pose you fancy posting a linky do you? I’m just about to splash out on a chrome book/cast combo and have a hub5 #lazy 😉

donks
    Free Member

Long shot, and I think I already know the answer but has anyone tried the chrome cast with the Cartoon HD app?? If it actually supports it then I’ll get one tomorrow.

fenred
    Free Member

Long shot, and I think I already know the answer but has anyone tried the chrome cast with the Cartoon HD app?? If it actually supports it then I’ll get one tomorrow.

A friend at work tried it several times through safari/iOS to no avail…not sure on other OS though.

Cferg
    Free Member

donks, I’m currently using Cartoon HD (on Android) with a media player, Avia (the chromecast extension is a pound odd) hit title, select custom, select Avia then cast it from there. Very quick and easy, can’t fault it at all – quality is brilliant as well. I’ve heard that it can be done on Apple with airplay but I haven’t tried.

iainc

some info here

In mine, a HomeHub 3, I went into advanced settings and there is a default option for ‘automatic channel setup’, I disabled that and put it to the first channel, 1, i think (there are about 12), which sorted it.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Google chromecast – anyone using?’ is closed to new replies.