Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Google Chrome not working
  • aracer
    Free Member

Chrome has stopped working for me. When I open the browser it works fine for about 10 seconds, but after 10s a new tab is greyed out, typing a URL into the address bar doesn’t work, opening a bookmark doesn’t work, I can’t open pages from my history (I can’t even open my history after about 10s of the browser being open) etc. The one thing which does still work is following links and navigating forwards and back from a page which is already open – I can open links in the same tab or a new tab.

I’ve tried deleting Chrome, including all application data and reinstalling and it doesn’t seem to help. It worked fine until yesterday. Anybody else come across this issue, and any suggestions?

In case it makes any difference I’m using Vista (though despite how disliked that is, it works fine with everything else – currently using Firefox without any trouble at all – and was working fine with Chrome before).

allthepies
    Free Member

There has been a Chrome update in the last day or so. My work laptop and home PC installed it today and both are fine. They’re on Windows 7 Pro however.

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm – have downloaded the dev version, and it’s still broken, but not in quite the same way (if I open new tabs they’re white instead of grey, but still not working). Clearly having reinstalled I have the latest version stable version, and it doesn’t appear at all easy to get a slightly older version. Am about to try canary (the less stable than dev version), wish me luck…

aracer
    Free Member

Well in case anybody else is interested, I found a download for the most recent previous version http://www.filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/56832 and that works fine, so it looks like an issue with the latest release (and from the looks of things all the next releases, as I have problems with beta, dev and canary) which is presumably only an issue for Vista if nobody else is having problems.

Stoner
    Free Member

anyone else having this?

Woke up to a v grumpy chrome. Crashes between instantaneously and about 10seconds.

Just managed to copy the version info from About before a crash:
    Version 33.0.1750.117 m

Having to do this on iExplorer. *Feels filthy*

just downloading a later build from aracer’s link. will see if that works. (Google Chrome 34.0.1847.3 Dev)

leffeboy

using that version (33.0.1750.117 m) on Win 8.1 with no problems if that helps

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers leffe.
    Had to dash out of the house for a train so not completed the install yet. Will try this evening.

Probably an extension playing up. Will have to remove them all and add them back in one by one

IanMunro
    Free Member

Hmm. Interesting.
    After years of working perfectly Chrome wouldn’t start on my PC last week. No errors, just a busy icon for about 5 seconds on trying to start then nothing. Installing a new version solved it for me, but I’m beginning to wonder if there was some specific issue with the auto updater.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Google Chrome not working’ is closed to new replies.