Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Google analytics help?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Anyone out there use it?

I want to monitor traffic through a website, but I want to know if it is possible to remove hits from my own IP address, and other addresses from the total?

I am sure you must be able to do this but not sure how?

Anyone?

wwaswas

are hits from your IP really a significant part of the traffic?

they won't let you have the full IP of anyone using your site – you get a 'location' which will tend to be your ISP so you could ignore traffic from hat location but would exclude anyone else using your ISP too.

Also, do you have a static IP address – a lot of ISP's just 'lease' you one for 14 days then it gets changed (it's what makes it difficult for STW just to ban people basedon their IP address).

david_r
    Free Member

You can see where the traffic is coming from down to the city. I guess you can deduct the hits from your city from the total.

As stated above though, will your traffic be a significant amount??

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

you can filter your ip address.

it explains it here. http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66983#0.1.1_step8

But as the above post states, you need to have a static IP address for this to work. Alternatively use Dynamic DNS, and filter on a domain/sub domain.

organic355
    Free Member

My traffic is probably quite significant at he moment as I am continually adding & modifying pages, then looking at the page to make sure it looks OK in a number of browsers.

Dont want to delete by city as this would be a significant chunk of the hits.

wwaswas

you should be able to check it all out on your own pc just by pointing each browser at the page on your local disk?

You don't have to publish stuff that doesn't work that why either.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Google analytics help?’ is closed to new replies.