Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Google+
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Ok so Google+ is Google search go at Facebook

Who’s on it worth following?

What’s good and bad about it?

Does anyone use it for business?

Have you dumped Facebook because of it?

legend
    Free Member

I didn’t realise it was still going

scotroutes

There’s a couple of folk I follow on it but it just never reached Facebook levels of saturation.

orena45

Welcome to 2011!

I’m on it. Was a big fan of it and was much better than FB when it began. FB then copied some features (not as well) and the hoped mass migration never happened. My feed is still very busy with MTBers and other cyclists but I don’t post anywhere near as much as I used to – just links to my blog posts nowadays.

Drac

Facebook? Is that any different to Friend’s Reunited, I’m looking for something else as it’s as busy there anymore.

stevextc
    Free Member

“Ok so Google+ is Google search go at Facebook”

I suppose it is or was at least intended as such but never thought of it like that.

“Who’s on it worth following?”
    I have no idea … (for you… I just use it for personal friends)

“What’s good and bad about it?”
    It’s not Facebook (both) .. but if you “buy in” it integrates with youtube/google photo’s etc.
    It’s also good because I don’t have endless notifications… (see below)

“Does anyone use it for business?”
    Yes but not like FB….

“Have you dumped Facebook because of it?”

Not because of and not quite dumped …
    I’m a bit split between Twitter and Google+ …. but between them it mostly replaces FB in a less obtrusive / annoying way for me.

Twitter still has lots of “what I had for breakfast” stuff but I mainly ignore …. so I barely read “updates”

Google+ I see more “significant” stuff (I have one mate who moved to the US posts his races and more significant events for instance)

FB… just became too much faff trying to filter between the two …. and its almost completely relegated to not notifications and actively logging in

I think with any social network it is largely about what your friends do/use…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Try Bebo, Drac

DezB
    Free Member

I just hope that their self driving cars are as good as their search engine. And not their social media attempt, or those Glass things. They ain’t always successful are they?

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m all about my MySpace page.

Even as a google fanboi, Google+ is a steaming pile of rainbow coloured poo. It destroyed a number of legacy google products in the name of integration and was always such a muddled mess if you just wanted to use a few features.

Fortunately they’ve pretty much taken it round the back of the barn with old yella and freed the useful features to work standalone again like photos and hangouts

andytherocketeer

Thought Google were pretty much scaling back Google+ anyway?
    I follow a few things on there that I don’t follow on Twitter.

“Have you dumped Facebook because of it?”

No.
    I’ve dumped Facebook because it’s pretty much a load of bs now, with little more than instant reshares of politically factually incorrect nonsense that is beyond the extremes of conventional politics.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I have two or three accounts, i posted on one of them. Once.

I only keep it so i can go and look at SebKs amazing work in carbon fibre 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

I signed up initially but it was rubbish and is worse now, if I could be bothered I’d delete my account

whitestone
    Free Member

About the only thing from it that I use now is the two factor authentication sign-in which can be useful if you just need temporary access to post a message on a blog or similar. I used it this morning on one of those instant chat popups that some manufacturers have to let you ask questions.

Never been on FB so unable to dump it 😆

Cougar
    CountZero

Encouraged by a friend to sign up, couldn’t find a single person I knew, gave up.
    Much like MySpace. Still use Fb, but much less than I used to, much less time available to waste while there are other things to do.

Drac

I’ve dumped Facebook because it’s pretty much a load of bs now, with little more than instant reshares of politically factually incorrect nonsense that is beyond the extremes of conventional politics.

Is that not the EU thread?

chakaping
    Free Member

I hear it’s really popular with Google employees.

HTH

🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Google+’ is closed to new replies.