Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Goodwood FOS – getting there
  • nickswolves
    Free Member

I’m off to the Festival of Speed tomorrow at Goodwood and after last years car park that was the M27 I wondered if there was a better way to arrive from the North to avoid the worst of the queues?

trevron73
    Free Member

M25 >A21 then Brighton road to Fontwell park , good luck , greast day out ,I’m a bit jealous ,i used to live next door .

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

M25 -> A3 then either A283/A285, though they’ll be a queue at Petworth or A286, though you might get stuck at Midhurst. Alternatively, carry on the A3 and come off at Petersfield A272 and then the back roads B2199/B2146 (South Harting) B2141 to pick up the A286.

muggomagic

There’s not really any better way as traffic is coming from all directions. The only thing you can do is get there very early. We arrived there at 7am last year and it was a clear run from Brighton along the A283-A27. Had breakfast in the sun (forecast not quite so good this year) on the Ford stands roof. Cracking day.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Cheers guys, it’s going to be really congested whichever way but will avoid the A27 after last year and come down from A3 way on one of suggested routes A283 etc.

pictonroad

Park somewhere else and get the train and shuttle bus, it’s cheap easy and much quicker. Done this for 5 years, even better, get the train the whole way so you can partake of a tipple if that’s your pleasure.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You’re going to get caught in a jam whichever route you take, but as has been stated the non-A27 routes from the north are your best bet. AVOID THE A27 CHICHESTER BYPASS AT ALL COSTS!

muggomagic

What Pictonroad said. Every year I go I have to drive and every year I’m drinking water while Mrs Muggo tells me how nice the beer and wine is that she’s drinking.

totalshell

i ve heard theres another jam busting route.. a bicycle.. various forums exist to promote thier use

garage-dweller

I am also going but planning on arriving at about noon/ lunch time (have to work for a couple of hours first thing). Anyone know if the a27 chaos is likely to have eased by then a any other route will be a bit circuitous from my start point

Thanks

ecksee
    Free Member

You should be OK arriving late traffic wise but be prepared to park a long way away.

Incidentally, helicopter is by far the best way of getting into the FoS 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Depends…The traffic around Chi is always bad, especially so at peak times. As for Friday afternoon? Fuhgeddaboddit!

muggomagic

A27 from Worthing or Chichester on a Friday afternoon is a nightmare at the best of times.

So looking forward to getting to and from work tomorrow. Was going to ride home, but the forecast of heavy rain has put me off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Goodwood FOS – getting there’ is closed to new replies.