Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Goodwood festival of speed bicycle parking
  • garage-dweller

Going to the FOS tomorrow any body been by push bike as a day visitor without having to get a courtesy bus?

Probably not the most common arrival method I appreciate but it’s an easy pedal from the station and it would mean I can have a beer or two during the day.

m0rk
    Free Member

Plenty of bikes locked to scaffold at Car Park A today.

Yes, I understand the irony of scaffold, but there were Goodwood people right by it all day long.

I didn’t see any specific bike parking though

chris36860
    Free Member

I’m doing the same tomorrow as I live 2 miless away. Last time I rode to one of the entrance gates and just chained the bike to a fence post. Not sure they have a bike park this year or not. There are normally plenty of security guards at the gates, so bike should be pretty safe if it’s visible to them.

garage-dweller

It will only be a 20 year old hybrid so unlikely to be a major issue. Thanks for that think I may go for it and use the train then. Early start so I can have a scope round before meeting up with others too.

chris36860
    Free Member

I’m riding a rusty 15 year old Apollo, so hopefully it’ll
    Make it!! Gates open at 08.00 I think so I’m aiming for that as I would like to have a go at a few of the activities before the crowds start. Have fun and remember sun cream!!

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Chain it to the scaffolding by the AA stand in car park A.
    Give the short, bald, bored looking AA bloke a wave, I might even wave back!

garage-dweller

Thanks for the tip bike mike. Ancient muddy fox hybrid is me – 22 years old and counting, I sadly am older. Will give you a wave if I think I see you and no doubt cause confusion by doing so to someone else.

I am an AA member so do I get preferential location on the scaffolding 🙂

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I saw your muddy fox – a classic!
    Didn’t see you but hope you had a good day. I got here at six and I’m still here – it’s emptying out now so hopefully I’ll be able to get off soon…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Goodwood festival of speed bicycle parking’ is closed to new replies.