Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Goodridge hoses… im impressed.
  • tony24
    Free Member

Last night i went about fitting my goodridge hoses to my avid elixir R it was a last resort before i brought new brakes as they just felt under powered.

I fitted the goodridge hoses and then decided i wanted a cleaner look so i cut the avid hoses to get the black cap to hide the inserts on the brakes. To my surprise i found the avid hoses really thin. Now i have given the brakes a good bleed before but never achieved a nice solid feeling lever pull. Tonight i went out for my first ride with the hoses fitted and by god have they changed the brakes they feel solid when they need to but still have the modulation they have with the previous hose.

Avid say you should not fit them as you lose modulation but i don’t agree the brakes now feel like they can stop me on a dime but still well controlled. Thought i would share this as i know alot of people feel that elixir r feel under powered imo its because of thin cheap hosing. cheers

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The fresh fluid and bleed makes most of the difference to the feel.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Agree on the bleed sorting you out more than the hoses. In my opinion Goodridge’s plus point is the leakproof screw-in connectors and not the hose material.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tony24
    Free Member

the front brake had only been bled about 2 months ago the same way i had done it this time. its certainly a possibility but before the hoses were changed i could nearly force the lever close to the bars on descents. Now i couldnt even if i wanted to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge hoses… im impressed.’ is closed to new replies.