Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • goodridge hoses
  • spock
    Free Member

Im not going to pay £60 to upgrade to braided with the packs you can buy but i can get £8 a metre of crc so will i be able to re-use my fittings? Will i need to buy new olives?
    Hayes Nine carbon by the way.

thanks in advance.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Fraid braided hoses have different end fittings. That's the expensive bit in the packs. They screw in to the inner hose and an outer compression fitting at the same time.
    I've wondered if you could bodge it with olives and inserts if the external diameter of the braided bit (under the plastic coating) was the same as the standard hose, but I get the feeling it would leak regardless.

marsdenman
    Free Member

'Screw together fittings' are better known as re-usables so, the answer to your question is yes –
    yes you can re-use them
    yes. i'd suggest new olives

If crc are doing the hose, i'd be surprised if they are not offering the bits as well??

Oh, IIRC – have a look at the goodridge website – they used to have a 'how to' section – you'll need strong tape and a fine tooth hacksaw or very good cutters…

Have fun….

spock
    Free Member

i think ill just go with the fibrax versions, they seem just as good, £10 cheaper http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8376

Kramer
    Free Member

You won't be able to reuse your old fittings, due to the different external diameter of the hose.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

I made up a hope hose using goodridge braided hose and all the original hope fittings, its quite a challenge to get the hope olive on the hose other than that very easy.

stompy

You can use your old fittings….. just abit of faffing around cutting down the hose outer etc. but it can be done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘goodridge hoses’ is closed to new replies.