Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Goodridge Hose question
  • slackman99
    Free Member

I’ve got some Magura Louise brakes with Goodridge hoses (bought second hand a while back) that I was using on my old bike. I’ve since bought a Specialized Pitch and have been riding that with the Hayes brakes it came with. I have decided that I’m going to put the Maguras onto the Pitch as even with a 180mm front rotor, they are more powerful than the Hayes with a 203mm front rotor. The Hayes will be put on the other half’s bike.

The Maguras need longer hoses. Plan is to use the rear hose as a new front hose and buy a couple of metres of hose for the rear.

Do Goodridge hoses come in different diameters? I’m sure I read that Hope hoses did for a while, so presumably Goodridge matched this. I’m planning to buy from CRC and can’t see any mention of different diameters, but am obviously wanting to use the old hose fittings rather than buy new ones.

Any help would be good!

tonyd

Don't think they come in different diameters, but you probably will need to strip the outer from the first 10mm or so. My first Goodridge upgrade a few years ago didn't need this, I guess the hose diameter was smaller, but when I changed the hoses on that bike last year the diameter was slightly bigger.

I've since upgraded some Elixirs on another bike and the kit actually said to trim the outer.

Rip
    Free Member

Slackman99 – if it's black braided you were after I've got some new from CRC that I don't need. You can have for half price if you like. Let me know and I'll check the lengths.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

yeh it does come in different diameters, I'm sure on crc, they do different goodridge packs for different brake manufacturers. I had the same problem on my pitch it had avids on and changed them to hopes, they are so much better

slackman99
    Free Member

Rip,

Thanks for the offer, but i'm really after blue and have a CRC voucher.

I'll have another look at the Magura kit and see if it mentions hose diameter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge Hose question’ is closed to new replies.