Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Goodridge Gear and Brake Lines – r they really worth it? Notice any difference??
  • rep341
    Free Member

Now that winter has destroyed my brake/gear lines I am thinking about a treat for the bike in new Goodridge hoses/fittings on brakes and new goodridge cables on the mechs too.
    Is it worth the expense??

nickc

SP41 and Teflon coated inners is cheaper

rep341
    Free Member

sp41?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepurist

shimano SP41 greased outer cable, buy it by the roll from Parker International.

rep341
    Free Member

nice one!

clubber
    Free Member

Never noticed any significant difference with the braided brake hoses over standard Hope plastic ones – or at least, the difference is so tiny that you'll forget about it in less than a minute.

Buy braided hoses to look nice (I did!) and don't fool yourself that they're a performance improvement.

rep341
    Free Member

Clubber – that was my impression- I remember them on my motorbike and they did firm up the lever but MTB not su sure it would make a difference

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I bought braided hose as its less likely to get punctured or pulled from the fitings- handy when your into DH 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

I get them for looks, I'm such a tart 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge Gear and Brake Lines – r they really worth it? Notice any difference??’ is closed to new replies.