Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Goodridge braided hose kit for Hope Tech m4 – is this right?
  • Stevelol
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace the rear hose on my Hope Tech M4 brakes, and want to double check that this is the right kit, can I use this one:

http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m7b37s390p1305/GOODRIDGE_Hose_Kit_102_Hope_Mini_M4_M6/RS_GB/2405

Thanks

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Yep looks fine.
    You will probably be able to use some of your present connectors & have some spare ones left over. Make sure you get some instructions on how to re-make the connections.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Thank you! Im hoping to use the Goodridge connectors as I understand they’re better than the hope ones? I’ve had problems getting this hose fitted after shortening, despite new olives and barb it still seems to get air in somehow.

tmb467
    Free Member

Alternatively – just buy 2m of the braided hose (sold separately at about £4 a meter) and two olives / two spikes (you’ll probably get away with using the nitrile washers again)

You won’t need the banjos cos they stay fitted to the caliper and lever.

tmb467
    Free Member

Edit – didn’t see you’d already tried using the hope fittings

johnhighfield
    Free Member

If you have ‘O’ rings in the fittings ensure you have one on either side of the banjos – there may be a little recess for them to seat into. The copper washers can be re-used as they are but can also be re-anealed to soften them. Heat them up by a flame (gas ring) to they are blood red & then quench in water.

Compression fittings do also need to be reasonably tight – best done with little spanners so not to over tighten them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge braided hose kit for Hope Tech m4 – is this right?’ is closed to new replies.