Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Good/Cheap Road frame and forks?
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Hi All,

I'm looking to spend up to £200 on a road frame and forks. whats out there? should I be going 2nd hand or are there any good new deals to be had at the moment?

I've had a quick search around but nothings caught my eye.

Thanks

mefty
    Free Member

Never used any but the places to look are Ribble, Tifosi (one of the distributor's own brand), Planet X and Fort (but I have not seen these recently).

Ed2001
    Free Member

Just a bit over the £200 mark but Aeron TR from GB cycles or Pro Lite Inverno from J E james.Or a winter trainer from Surosa or Ribble should be under £200 I think. I ride with cat 2 rider who uses a pro lite and he reckons they are great for the money and the Aeron I think is a rebadged Ridley.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

the Ribbles look alright. anyone had experience with them?

I'll be doing a few races so would like something that wont snap under me.

Ed2001
    Free Member

I have an EM2( ribble) frame which is ok, very light. They are ok frames, the trainers have slightly wierd geometry.Don't ask them to build you a bike as they don't have the best reputation for delivery times. A few years ago they were truly truly awful, they then improved greatly but recently I have heard a few grumbles again about slow delivery not answering calls etc. They used to have a shop which was okay but apparently they have closed that to concentrate on mail order. It might be worth giving them a ring as they used to sell some cheap frames which were slight seconds ( decals or poor paint finish or shop soiled) you could pick up a bargain that way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Good/Cheap Road frame and forks?’ is closed to new replies.