Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Goodbye all
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

It is with some sadness that I’ve decided to pull the plug on my account.

I’ve been associated with STW since 2005 /6 I guess, barring the great crash of 2008.

All in all its been a great experience with one or two exceptions. It particularly erks that a lot of people have left over the years but I guess that a lot of forums develop and, in the eyes of some, mature to the point approaching a police state. Sad really, it was the sites anarchic nature and devil-may-care attitude that drew a lot of us to STW and indeed the forum.

To all the great people I’ve met on here I say thanks and goodbye

Stay safe out there.

Thanks

TS

donsimon
    Free Member

It particularly erks that

I think that you’ll find that it is actually ‘irks’ and not ‘erks’.

Kuco

Bye

bigG
    Free Member

Toodlepip

godzilla
    Free Member

Don’t go yet I’ve only just got hear.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

god what an attention whore

DezB
    Free Member

You don’t say why you’re leaving, but .. Bye Tankslapper

yossarian
    Free Member

Bye TS. Always liked your humour.

Why not post up some really crazy shit and get a life ban? When I go that’s what I’m doing. 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t go yet I’ve only just got hear.

HERE 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

it was the sites anarchic nature and devil-may-care attitude that drew a lot of us to STW and indeed the forum

wasn’t it an interest in MTB’ing?

maxray
    Free Member

Ah, we haven’t had a flounce for a while. 🙂

oldnpastit

Pretty tame flounce.

Needs much more angst and general navel gazing, as though STW were somehow important.

3/10.

oldnpastit

… Or is it just ennui?

Life is like a sewer, isn’t it?

What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You have to be able to imagine “flounce” in a northern irish accent. I can’t even begin to type it phonetically. 🙂

oldnpastit

floynce ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ba xx.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Why not start your own fora that are slightly anarchic with a devil may care attitude? Gandhi said be the change you wish to see!!

vegasdave
    Free Member

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

floynce ?

That’s nearly it 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As it’s Pink Floyd Night:

Goodbye, cruel world
    I’m leaving you today
    Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye, all you people
    There’s nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind
    Goodbye

GrahamS

I guess that a lot of forums develop and, in the eyes of some, mature to the point approaching a police state. Sad really

Been here for the same time, longer in fact, and I can’t say I’ve exactly noticed the rise of a “police state” much.

Oh well. Cheerio tankslapper

Stoner
    Free Member

now that would be a pity, TS, you’ve always been a positive poster. Unlike some.

ton

that is pretty sad that…………. 🙁
    i hoped another of the irish forumites was gonna call it a day…….. 🙄

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

😈

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ya_Gq8d4Q[/video]

Edukator
    Free Member

Don’t go out with a whimper, go with a bang! There must be some people on here that you’d like to tell what you think of them before you ask the mods to bozo your account.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

sc-xc

Simon ralli…. It was ‘seek’ not ‘see’….but other than that, +1 for your sentiments.

sc-xc

Oh, and TS… I hope you stick around. There’s a few Internet heroes that taint this site. **** ’em. If their lives revolve round being here 24/7 then good luck to them. Recent posts have made me realise they are sad **** with **** all else going on I their lives. I like your style, and have enjoyed your presence round these parts, hope to see you stay.

sc-xc

( whilst being aware that my second post completely contradicts my first. I’m an enigma)

Dobbo

Threads like these are always funny.

roper
    Free Member

Simon ralli…. It was ‘seek’ not ‘see’…..

Actually I think you will find he Gandhi was a Hindu.
    Lay eggs ( just to speed things up)

baldSpot
    Free Member

Dobbo

spacemonkey

AWESOME SURF MATT spoofed your account?

scaredypants

it is true, some of the best banter has been “meh, meh, sexist, racist, bully bully, we’re running a massive public forum”ed out of the place

seems it’s become so big that enough people take it sufficiently seriously ( 😯 ) to run to teacher or bring on the mighty flames of sanctimony

Then there’s the big hitters… 🙄

but (sadly for you all) I’m not leaving (AFAIK)

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have seeked the quote on google but all I can see is many quotes with the word “see”. Do you have the original quote sc-xc.

Not quibbling, but I can’t find that version of it from a reputable source (apart from your good self of course!)

Has he gone yet?

donsimon
    Free Member

Has he gone yet?

who?

sc-xc

@ shamanic simon, think about it…become the changes you seek. Not become the change you (already can) see. If you gooogle become…seek, you will get as many results. I can’t link you to anything specific, just that I worked with a coach (that I know you would have loved) who first taught me about ghandi, and become ethe changes you seek (in the world)’ was his big thing. Without wanting labour the point (phone is rubbish for typing on)…if you could see the change, where’s the challenge? You should be seeking it.

Either way, I’m not gonna argue with you, you’re one of the few genuinely ace people round these parts.

Edukator
    Free Member

In a similar vein:

“It’s not your fault the world is the way it is, it would only be your fault if it stayed that way.”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye all’ is closed to new replies.