Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Good/Bad/Ugly drunk?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Lighthearted post, disclaimer to distract the puritans.

For those that enjoy drinking and being pissed when the moment takes you, do you have a designated style of inebriation?

I am a bad drunk in regard to the fact I can drink 15 pints but lose my legs after two and my brain fart filter by three. It means I choose my company carefully and never let go in the wrong company.

I envy the concrete constitution of people who can dance hammered and not fall over.

How are you?

Kryton57

Same, a lightweight now so I avoid more than a social 1 pint at any company event. I prefer a beer in my own garden at dinner time (tea time for Northerns) and sipping a fine short slowly for the rest of the evening.

Int eh last 12 months any quantity that leaves my giddy causes the most horrendous dry mouth in the morning I’d rather avoid it.

yunki
    Free Member

It’s been said that the Jim Lahey character from Trailer Park Boys was probably based on me

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Good point Yunki, for reference.

I am Alan from the hangover shouting at Bradley Cooper

MoreCashThanDash

3rd pint turns on the beer valve on my bladder, and makes me feel rough in the morning. I rarely have 3, let alone more.

I follow the mood – either happy chatting or angry arguing. I tend to stop drinking and/or go home if it looks like the latter.

sbob
    Free Member

I’d better go and get drunk to find out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never been much of a drinker, ohh I like real ale but only 1 and twice a week at most.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Beer, not so bad, go a bit shouty, then quiet, then wobble off to bed

Wine, total **** carnage [imagine father jack on crystal meth in a waltzer]

Mostly i drink beer, mostly

pondo

Sleepy drunk. I’m a hell of a lot of fun to be around. 🙂

ste_t
    Free Member

There is a fine line between drunk enough to dance and too drunk to control my limbs. That line is roughly the width of a double Jamesons.

Weddings are fun.

Markie
    Free Member

Cheery, prone to becoming overly enthusiastic, can end up social butterflying, may make poor decisions (witness racing a mini moto and a maxi-scooter around a neighbour’s garden two weekends ago). Good at slowing down the drinking and at going home before I fall over. Hangovers hurt. Lots.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Party boy on the stella. Absolute **** on bacardi which I never drink now.

andyfla
    Free Member

Arsehole drunk – you know the the one that drinks far to much even on a quiet evening, starts getting argumentative and shouty ? Thats me – I also had a tendency to try and chat up the largest bloke in the bars girlfriend.

So stopped drinking a few years back – everyone is very relieved …..

sbob
    Free Member

I don’t tend to push the boundaries of naughtiness too much, according to others, and I’m very much a happy drunk.
    Never been barred from a pub, but did get told off for dancing on tables the other night.
    I should learn to stick to the Guinness, and leave the red wine chasers and 75.5% rum well alone.

Mackem

I’m a very happy drunk. Miserable the rest of the time.

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t drink anymore but I did get drunk on a very small amount, 2 or 3 pints would get me smashed. Although I hardly ever drunk alcohol without cocaine being involved at some stage in the evening which enabled me drink much more than I otherwise would have been able to. even then I was just a normal drunk, definitely not aggressive, sleepy or especially giddy.

zinaru
    Free Member

been told I’m pretty much the same as normal whilst drunk. not sure if thats good or not.
    suppose I’m always a split second away from some rambling monologue about biking or weird music.
    now I live the countryside rather than city – thats not great news for the non-biking, pop music loving wife.

jabbi
    Free Member

Happy/sleepy drunk here, 4 or 5 pints I’m fine, however if I have a 6th I will possibly pass out in the pub and more than likely piss in the wardrobe/bin/airing cupboard during the night and have absolutely no recollection of it (or getting home) in the morning!

lunge

Sleepy generally. A get a bit louder then boom, I need to go to bed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Normally a happy drunk. During my divorce that changed 100% for the worse so I stopped drinking for a while.

pictonroad

Always happy. Cannot be doing with people who turn into angry drunks, sadly some otherwise decent people suffer from this.

elliott-20
    Free Member

On beer I’m a quiet drunk. I’d rather find the corners of room and sit and chat. Give me 4+ ciders and I’ll be the one still thinking I can jump off a roof into a bush. Never aggressive, unless absolutely provoked and never blind drunk – I always remember what a tit I’ve been.

martymac

Im a happy laid back drunk.
    Met a female friend when i was at a works do one night, not someone i fancied or anything, but a few days later she told me my hand was “welded” to her arse all night.
    Several months later, she told me the look of horror on my face was absolutely priceless.
    Ive barely drunk since.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m a very happy drunk. If you smacked me in the chops I’d probably find it funny, albeit painful. I’m rarely argumentative anyway.

I’ll let you know later how I’m getting on, the wife’s at work & I’ve got another bottle of Brakspear Oxford Gold & 1.5 bottles of wine to get through. 😕

v8ninety

Extrovert, entertainer type drunk. I tend to lead people astray and have been known to make bad decisions. This is at almost complete odds to my sober character, so has come as somewhat of a surprise to people it happens around. I’m NEVER a nasty, fighty drunk, although the aforementioned bad decisions may lead to me getting clobbered one day (they haven’t yet, touch wood).

Northwind

Usually pretty good but I’m out of practice, my consumption precision’s lacking (I kept it right in the zone for hours at our christmas night out, then fumbled it at about 3am with a bottle of whisky and ended up properly boneless on the floor. I never really get fighty or aggro (*), I think I can get pretty bloody irritating though.

(* Oh OK, I get a bit white knighty. Last time I actually started a fight while on a night out, apparently I’d been watching the dude like a hawk for about 10 minutes just waiting for the moment to go and be the good guy. Like I was just willing him to do something awful and I’d have been gutted if he’d turned out to be alright 😆 I don’t remember this at all but, it’s just taking to extremes a thing I know i do)

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m a two stage drunk.

Stage 1 – Hilarious comedian drunk. A little lubrication sharpens my wit or dulls it slower than everyone else. Life and soul of the party. I can recall every joke I’ve ever heard, not just the shit one’s either.

Stage 2 – Homing drunk. A switch flicks inside my head and I need to go home. To the exclusion of all other considerations. To the point where I can become quite morose and something of an arsehole about it.

Usually my wife monitors me carefully for transitional signs to prevent the change to stage 2.

Pyro

Pretty much what Perchy said, but with a middle Stage 1.5 – Relatively cheerful but slightly maudlin drunk. Happy enough sitting around drinking and laughing at other people’s jokes, but actual one-to-one conversation attempts invariably turn out to be overly serious and slightly embarassing . Usually occurs when drunk enough to get on high horse and be very serious and down to earth (perhaps trying to act soberer than reality) but at the same time sober enough to know and understand that I am being a tit.

rabhill
    Free Member

Cheerfully getting pissed- happily pissed- ridiculously very pissed…………home.
    I think I must have some sort of homing beacon tractor beam thing that kicks in just before oblivion does and off I go regardless of where or who I’m with. Went home from a works night out with the kitty in my pocket once.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well here we are, pretty pissed, still laughing at all the shoite on here. Watching The Stanley Cup final series & laughing at the antics of pro hockey players!
    HIC! Teheehee! GO PENGUINS!!

nemesis
    Free Member

Generally fairly happy but occasionally a bit cocky.

More importantly, I watched the good, the bad and they ugly again a few days ago and it was still brilliant.

seosamh77
    Free Member

all of the above! 😳

john_drummer
    Free Member

I get sleepy long before I get drunk

iancity1
    Free Member

I develop super powers…I am convinced noone can hear me…its normally just footy stuff, speaking louder than I would sober to make sure any Man U fans in the vicinity hear how crap they are, done that on several occasions, but have also been known to walk past a tent in Rothbury full of 6″ hairy arsed bikers and call them all poofs (no idea why, it was a heavy metal festival, I was up there for the same reason as them!!) and being ushered away very quickly by a very good friend.
    Fortunately that was mostly in my twenties, now in my forties some other super power of ‘wtf are you doing, you’re pissed, go home man’ seems to kick in around pint 5 or 6 🙂

colournoise

Haven’t been proper drunk in ages (these days I manage to ‘stick’ at ‘happy’ more than I was able to when younger), but it usually goes something like . . .

sober, sober, distracted, childishly happy, opinionated, a bit more opinionated, really opinionated, irritatingly opinionated, surreal conversationalist, gibbon impressions, asleep.

sbob
    Free Member

Was this bad?
    I thought it was funny.

seadog101

Rubbish at drinking. Up to 3 pints, no bother, 5 and I hit some kind of tilt switch and become an arrogant gobshite bellend idiot who doesn’t accept that he is anything but totally sober, and continue drinking until terrible things happen.

I have ended up in trouble of the legal kind due to this. And in hospital.

garage-dweller

Wine with dinner I start talking a lot “super mega chatty drunk” (sounds like a Power Ranger on a night out… DownCab super mega gasbag glass Recharge Zinfandel twoddletalk)

Beer more than a pint maybe two and I start feeling pants almost immediately, muggy headed and bloated. Chattiness goes up initially followed by just wanting to go and lie down shortly after

Cider similar to wine so long as I keep under three pints.

nickc

Happy then sleepy…

But I’m out of practice these days.

castanea
    Free Member

I am a bad drunk. I don’t do drunk well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Good/Bad/Ugly drunk?’ is closed to new replies.