Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good Year airship
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Anyone seen it cutting about Manchester this afternoon/tonight? Looks quite impressive lit up.

fubar
    Free Member

It certainly could travel over Manchester much quicker than my car through the evening traffic. It was almost mocking me doing little circles waiting for me to catch up before darting off again.

Brycey
    Free Member

😀 @ Fubar

There was a point on Friday when it got a bit blustery all of a sudden and it was rattling about all over the place. I’d imagine the driver/rider/pilot/captain/air-shipist filled his breeks.

peachos
    Free Member

its been up over the city every day for since friday, maybe before but that’s when i first saw it.

what is it there for??

Brycey
    Free Member

Ah, I was away at the weekend. Surely not just a Good Year advert???

fubar
    Free Member

Questions I was asking myself whist sat at the red lights :=

How fast does that thing travel. Is it called an airship or a blimp or something else ?

How much does it cost to run, and to sponsor / advertise on one of those things. Do Good Year really think I’m so feeble minded that I’ll now go out and buy a new set of Good Year tyres just because I saw their name on a balloon (they don’t even make bike tyres).

Oh how time flies on the journey home 😕

psychle
    Free Member

Was in London last week (assuming it was the same one…), thought it quite cool to see it up there, not something you spot every day 🙂

PePPeR

It’s going round as part of a safety tour, though I’m not quite sure how that works with everyone looking up at the sky whilst driving?

http://www.goodyearblimp.co.uk/

peachos
    Free Member

from the balcony the other night

D28boy
    Free Member

I was in Manchester on Sunday for the Man U Chelsea match & it was over the ground most of the time…Is it used for aerial TV shots perhaps?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good Year airship’ is closed to new replies.