Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Good XC race in November?
  • geordynige
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any good XC races in early November? I live in Cambridge so am happy to go South West or South East..could even go North West or North East but would usually limit the driving to a couple of hours?
    I raced in the thetford SS3 yesterday and have post race blues so need to get another race into the calender. Also would be cool to find a smooth singletrack XC race after the Thetford bumps!!!
    Cheers
    Nige

tomh
    Free Member

I also raced at SS3 yesterday, the Winter Series Starts in November at Thetford 😉

trailmonkey

soggy bottoms series at newnham ? should have started by nov.

oldgit
    Free Member

Would cyclo cross be any good to you? just thinking it gives you a few more options.

Teifiterror
    Free Member
    sputnik
    Free Member

Second the Gorrick's

geordynige
    Free Member

Cheers fellas – might try one of th gorricks as my mate lives in Tiverton so could meet half way!!

geordynige
    Free Member

Hi Tomh,
    Have you raced the winter series before? What is it like? This is my first year back in the UK for 3 years. I can imagine some of the races are a bit wet??

tomh
    Free Member

I havnt raced, but have been to a few races, and know plenty of people who have raced. Yes it can get very muddy but i think most races during the winter will have a fair bit of mud. If you enjoyed the summer series then you will enjoy the winter. The courses will be the same kind of thing that was at the summer series, just the weather that will be a little different.

njee20
    Free Member

Tiverton would be en route to the Soggy's, the Gorricks are South East, generally centred around Bracknell area. More varied courses, no BC ranking points, good entry numbers. They're a good laugh.

JamesP
    Free Member

What about the Pronghorn Bordon Enduro on Sunday 1 November. 4hr (solo and pairs) and 2hr solo. Uses the course we put together for the first round of the Southern XC. Twisty fast single track with some power climbs. We'll have to throw in a small amount of fireroad to give riders a chance to take on some fuel and to get it to around 8 miles. Details on XCracer.com if you are interested. Oh and Pronghorn will be supplying prizes for the quick and the brave 😉

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Have a look at Shred West for the dates of the Soggy Bottom races, plus other events in the SW.

stumpy01

……geordynige, think I answered your post earlier on the Thetford forum, regarding sore back from all the bumps – you ride a Scott with Toras, yes?

I have done the Thetford Winter Series for the last two years and they are a great laugh.
    I did the 4hr summer series races this year but will probably only do the 2hr winter ones. If it's wet & Thetford can be very wet, then 4hrs is a real slog.

Generally, the Thetford races are over on the Brandon side, which is smoother than the singletrack yesterday.
    The winter series I think runs from Nov to Feb with a race/month & it's good fun.

It is more pleasureable with a pair of overshoes, a crud guard & a large flask of coffee & a muffin or two in the car for afterwards.

geordynige
    Free Member

Thanks for all the great info – will defintely check out at least one of the Thetford rides & the Pronghorn sounds pretty interesting too!!

Happy riding 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

Looking to race the Pronghorn 4hr too.
    As are some pals and their sons too.

dobo
    Free Member

Gorricks are always fun, i'll be doing them but i'm looking forward to the Pronghorn Bordon Enduro. The bordon southern xc route was fast as **** this year, i think this course also comes with sunshine…

JamesP
    Free Member

Dobo – lets hope so. The ground is quick draining and should hold up well to a bit of rain should we be unlucky. Also the car park and other facilities are on hard standing ground so are completely weatherproof. More info should be out in the next few days. We're just waiting on some of the current events to pass before announcing more details.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Good XC race in November?’ is closed to new replies.