• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ji.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Good xbox 360 co-op game?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Need a good game to play with my daughter. She’s 9 so nothing too scary but she loves shooting things and exploring. We need a game that we can play split screen. We both love half life 2 but cannot be played spilt screen. Tried borderlands 2 but couldn’t get into it (though she loves it)

Not too bothered if it has an 18 cert as long as it isn’t too scary.

Gunz
    Free Member

Nothing too scary but she’ll play Half Life, obviously more robust than my 9yo.

Have you tried Portal? A really different take on the shooting / puzzler genre.

IA

The various lego platformer games are ace co-op, choose a franchise of choice…

(lego indy and star wars are good, as is harry potter)

nemesis
    Free Member

Minecraft in survival mode – obv shooting isn’t the primary aim of the game but it’s certainly significant and the exploring aspect is definitely there.

llama

Halo

This is about as yucky as the game gets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0bHHWuj-zs

xiphon
    Free Member

Splinter Cell (Conviction?) has an awesome stealth/shooter co-op section.

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely not Minecraft! Though the kids love it. It’s not for me.

martinhutch

http://nicholasweller.hubpages.com/hub/xbox-360-co-op-splitscreen-games

Long list of split-screeners here.

I’d go with something Haloish as well – not particularly gory with a good fps and coop mode.

simon_g

Played through Guacamelee! with my wife and it was lots of fun. No shooting but lots of beating up bosses. Works well if you have a stronger and weaker player as one can carry the other to a certain extent and keep progress going.

Cougar

As IA said, the Lego games are great. Some are better than others though. I have all of them I think (bar the new Jurassic World one), play with my OH. They’re light, entertaining gaming and full of humour.

The Star Wars I and II were early titles and are relatively rudimentary, though still good fun. Indy II uses an early incarnation of the hub system (where you walk around between levels rather than having a basic level select) and it’s an arseache (it’s the only one I regret buying).

What else… Portal 2 is amazing, though we got to a point where we got stuck. Should probably revisit that at some point. Borderlands 2 we completed recently, and currently playing Army of Two which is shooter designed to be a two player game but probably a bit heavy on the effing and jeffing for a nine-year old.

Cougar

Oooh, I know. Diablo III would be perfect.

gnusmas

My 7 year old likes de blob 2, can be quite challenging. Also the Lego games, portal and rayman origins. All good fun as single player and co-op.

ji
    Free Member

Was going to say Gears of War, but I won’t my 14 year olds play is even with the swearing turned off. Let kids be kids.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Good xbox 360 co-op game?’ is closed to new replies.