• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gren.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Good winter riding Jacket or Gilet
  • mattkennedy
    Free Member

Can anybody suggest any good riding jackets for winter time? possibly used for mountain biking and commuting?

scaled
    Free Member

I shall refer you to the many, many start cycles PSAs about this place.

The RC windproof gilet is great, they do a winter one as well.

Baselayer + the gilet will do you till it gets to glove liner type temps!

growinglad
    Free Member

Endura Stealth, not cheap, but keeps you warm and dry. Had mine a couple of years, keeps on doing a stirling job.

danbo
    Free Member

Intrepid apparels gilet is superb. got me through last winters MTBing and still looks like new.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

windproof? waterproof? lined? reflective? packable? Budget?

I shall refer you to the many, many start cycles PSAs about this place.

🙂 Got 2 Scott gilets from them, a thicker Gore Windstopper and a thinner (fits jersey pocket) windproof/DWR water-resistant one, both less than £20. Permanent 10% codes on too (TRIATHLETE10, SAVE10, CYCLES10 all live I believe).

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The Madison clothing is good and not overpriced.

fivespot
    Free Member

Gore Phantom….A wind stopper jacket/gilet. Probably the most worn jacket I have ever bought for cycling. Very worm on cold winter mornings, but when the sun comes out, or you get too warm, just remove the sleeves and slot them in the rear pockets provided, and finish your ride in a gilet….win win 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Sure Rich of Cycleactive has one of those Gore convertible jackets, he rides for a living and rated it and it looked like a top piece of kit and a brilliantly simple idea.

gren
    Free Member

Gore Phantom….A wind stopper jacket/gilet. Probably the most worn jacket I have ever bought for cycling. Very worm on cold winter mornings, but when the sun comes out, or you get too warm, just remove the sleeves and slot them in the rear pockets provided, and finish your ride in a gilet….win win

Love my Phantom but to be honest in 3 years I’ve only ever removed the sleeves twice. I can see the point on all days rides though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good winter riding Jacket or Gilet’ is closed to new replies.