Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • good will gesture
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

i recently purchased a shifter off one oft the well known bike shops on the tinternet, and when i recieved my parcel there was a bolt missing.. so i rang up and they appologised and said we will send the bolt to you….so 5 days later still no bolt arrived…i rang up agin and i spoke to a different person on the fone….he couldnt find any trace of my bolt order and he left it at that and said he woud try and send this missing bolt agin…i wasnt convinced (lol)…..anyway since then i managed to get this bolt from another bike shop….. then today ‘out of the blue’, i gets a fone call from the bike retailer and he said he would send me the ‘whole’ shifter package agin free of charge and that i didnt even have to send my original shifter back….. 😉
    thort that was good customer service 😉
    now i shall still keep buying from this bike retailer :wink:…..obviously they didnt want to loose my custom…. :mrgreen:

thepodge
    Free Member

Good customer service is not cocking up in the first place.

dr_adams
    Free Member

see… when i buy something its more important for me to have it when they say they will. sending a second shifter would make me question them more! why not a refund? and two calls without an answer would make me even sader – we all cock up but its how they deal with it and personally i don’t think they didn’t deal with it well….

elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah podge thats right…. but they didnt know they’d cocked up in the first place….lots of bike shops or any shop for that matter always have some problems with gear that is ‘incomplete’…. geez i bought 2 sets of dinner ware for xmas and when i got home the 2nd box of dinner ware had lots of breakages in it which wasnt apparent to me until i opend the box at home….no wonder it was all taped up well…bloody shop didnt want anyone opening it in the shop..just to check it …grrrr 🙄

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Good customer service is not cocking up in the first place.

Rubbish. It is absolutely impossible to prevent all human error. It’s how those errors are rectified, and what measures are put in place to reduce the likelihood of recurrence that counts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘good will gesture’ is closed to new replies.