• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Good wholesome cold food to eat before a drinking session…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

As title really ?

Will be staying in a travelsplodge and going out on session so want to eat before the fun starts there’s no option for a quick bite to eat before hand (also can’t stand eating greasy pub food or mc ds)

So was thinking take from home cold pasta pesto or cold baked potato, chunky cheese sani …?

Thermos flask of something but not soup !

Inspire me what tastes good cold fills you up and is good to eat before drinking???

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pint of milk and a pork pie.

ElShalimo

Kettle Chips …. but don’t be fooled into thinking their new dorito style crisps are any good.

Stick to regular style and load up with carbs (+grease + salt) before heading out

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Grease and salt sounds fab !

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

sounds weird but I quite like cold roast beef and houmous

MrOvershoot

Cold Spanish style omelet, chunks of potato, peppers, ham & cheese encased in egg at least 2″ thick

poly
    Free Member

Porridge (just add boiling water type), or couscous “pots” are a perfectly practical solution for Travelodge Kettle cooking!

longmover
    Free Member

Eating is cheating

TheBrick
    Free Member

Jelley

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Hip flask full of whisky/gin?

deluded
    Free Member

A rice dish that will bind stuff in your guts together. Rice, eggs, smoked salmon chunks – that type of fodder.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Anymore recipes from the weekday crew ?

lunge

Huge cheese and ham sarny is my go to, not very imaginative but it works. Pot noodle?

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

haggis supper or some such stodge. as mentioned, grease and salt aplenty.

BillMC

Carbs like mashed potato

binners

Good? Wholesome? Pre-drinkathon?

Does not compute

Before….

After

firestarter
    Free Member

Dont mix solids with hydraulics

ninfan
    Free Member

Boiled eggs, lots of – say nine or ten

Morrisons salad bar is a good source when away from home

Nice hit of protein, fills you up nicely, stops you needing a dump and best of all provides for much hilarity later in the evening when seeking to clear some room at the bar or other general merry making 😈

yunki
    Free Member

I find last night’s leftover kebab/pizza/chinese bought in an Amygdala soaked haze at 2am is the best thing to chow on before the pub opens at 11am..

Unless you’re heading to the shop to buy cider before opening time, in which case it’s worth washing the food down with a couple strong cups of tea/coffee and a couple of woodbines

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Good wholesome cold food to eat before a drinking session…’ is closed to new replies.