Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Good wheel builders West Midlands
  • ayjayy95
    Free Member

Looking to have a wheelset built soon. Does anyone have any experience of buying hand built wheels from Leisure Lakes Wolverhampton or Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre (Cannock Chase bike shop)?

singlespeedstu

Baz at Two Wheels Cycles near Stourbridge does a good job with wheel builds.

ayjayy95
    Free Member

Ok thanks, I’ll take a look on their site 🙂 any opinions on the two stores stated in my initial post would be gratefully recieved as they tend to be my go to shops for everything else but I want to make sure that their handy work is reputable

Graham_Clark

Not sure of them, but Tom at Velo Store in Stone is really good. Velo-m.co.uk

Rosss
    Free Member

I had a top wheelset for my DH bike by the guys at mamouth cycles on Milford. The guys in there are super helpful and a great bunch.

takisawa2

Me. 🙂

(Kidding. They do end up mostly round though).

stonites999

I can vouch for Tom at Velo, he built me some great Stans for my 29er….. Great shop with really helpful staff…

ayjayy95
    Free Member

Not that it’s a deciding factor but it will help me out slightly, do either Velo or Two Wheels offer finance on components?

jondturner
    Free Member

I have lived in the area for over 25 years and ridden for as long. I have used most stores mentioned and more – for me Velo is the best I have come across in many years. They Really know their stuff they don’t leave kids to run the shop, they all know their products and Tom Williams is one of the best mechanics I have come across – Definitely Velo from my perspective – 5 mins from Junction 14 of M6 and free parking.

mboy
    Free Member

Just a point to note. Pretty much every bike shop will have an experienced wheelbuilder working there, and most good bikeshops will have a wheelbuilder with numerous people that would recommend them to others. In asking the question, you’re just getting the recommendations from those that have replied fast enough.

It’s unlikely you will get a bad wheelbuild from most bike shops, and if you do, you’re within your rights to take it back and get them to fix it for you.

ayjayy95
    Free Member

Sounds like Velo is definitely worth a visit at least. No mention of them dealing with Chris King hubs however. Anyone have any info on whether they simply haven’t updated their site recently or whether they don’t deal with said brand?

Graham_Clark

Fairly certain that they could get them in for you… give them a ring tomorrow and they’d be able to tell you.

stonites999

I’m pretty sure they’ll be able to source CK I was only talking to Tom about Chris King’s the other day. I know they do finance on bikes not to sure about parts, but I’m sure they’ll sort something out for you…..

ayjayy95
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

crftom
    Free Member

Hi Ashley, Tom from velo-m here we can offer 0% finance on parts and accessories, well worth a trip down to see our store and a chat to see what wheel and hub combo would best suit your bike/ riding style and what we can build for you, cheers Tom

bullandbladder
    Free Member

+1 for 2 wheels in Stourbridge. Baz is a class wheelbuilder. Plenty of experience with CK too.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Oh, and pretty sure finance is an option.

ayjayy95
    Free Member

Velo cycle store, now with live chat via Singletrackworld forum. Now that is first class service 🙂 any chance of being able to run over some basic info via email etc?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Good wheel builders West Midlands’ is closed to new replies.