Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Good Wheel builder near Newbury or Reading
  • ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Any recommendations ?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Anyone ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say I’m ‘good’ yet, but my wheels are tight, pretty true and stay that way….. And I’m very very cheap (Well, free really) but over in Farnborough….
    🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

PP, can I then bother you with a wheel or two? Beer/cake vouchers await 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

Peter can certainly true a mean wheel out on the trail! 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hairy – Yes I’ll gladly build you some wheels, but I’m off to the Alps for a week from tomorrow, so it’ll be when I get back if that’s OK?

I’ll be testing my latest back wheel out there, so that should say something… And you can see a sample of my work first… 🙂

I guess I could build a pair in an evening, if you’ve got all the bits?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Peter, Mine is just a sort my rear, keep getting a few loose spokes and its very slightly buckled, I think its just needs some TLC.

Are you off tomorrow ?

boobs

pedal-on in Tadley are supposed to be good, but not cheap. That’s sort of half way between Reading and Tadley

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rob – Yep, I’ll be leaving mid afternoon tomorrow…. I might get chance to have a quick look at it in the morning if you like, but I won’t have the time for a full rebuild as I’ll be packing my gear.
    Has it got any spokes missing now? I’ve got a few odd spares, but truing and tightening it might help. Hard to say really…..
    😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I did do a rebuild (Just new spokes) on a rear wheel for a mate who kept snapping spokes (Hope Hoops with DT 4.2) too, and it’s been fine for the last couple of months

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Thanks Peter,

I’m working so would not be able to get over in time, Will keep you in mind for future, my Tricross is in need of new wheels which I would need building up.
    I’ll give pedal-on a try, silly as I live about 2 miles from them but never think to give them a try.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No worries, email in profile if anyone wants me to sort some wheels.
    Pedal On seem good, though.
    🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m in no hurry at all, let me know when you’re back and we’ll sort something out. Cheers!
    Kris

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Good Wheel builder near Newbury or Reading’ is closed to new replies.