Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good Wheel Builder – Exeter or surrounding area?
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Need to find a good Wheel Builder to repair/true wheels asap. Anyone have any recommendations?

ajantom

Spokesman Wheels near Ottery St Mary
    Spokesman Wheels
    Not used him myself as I build my own, but heard good things about him from those who have used him.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Spokesman wheels is superb I had a set of road disk wheels built nearly 3 years ago and they are still perfect. Bearings running sweet and true after over 10,000 miles of Devon worst potholes and debris. Great guy as well.

drlex
    Free Member

Thirded; nice guy, good price, great job.

eviljoe
    Free Member

+1 spokesman 🙂

neilforrow

Chaz at roots cycle works in exmouth is also top notch.

He is an ex World Cup mechanic and currently spanners for the wideopen team.

Good value too.

ontor
    Free Member

Robin Hardy (hardy cycles) does a good job.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Cheers all!

Si
    Free Member

Chaz +2. Was Laurie Greenlands mechanic at MS Mondraker last year.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Just popped down to spokesman wheels and was really impressed. Really nice chap and he did the job there and then with great advice. Would definitely recommend!

winterfold
    Free Member

Another vote for Spokesman

oikeith

another vote for Chaz at Roots, did a lovely job truing and tension-ing my 29er wheel

brassneck

spokesman.co.uk – I have some H Plus Son Archetypes on Novatechs from him, haven’t needed truing in nearly 2 years and I am a clumsy fat sod.

He also sorted an issue with the order (I’d ordered disk hubs, the delivered ones weren’t) very very quickly – it’s when there’s a problem you see where great service is. Very good advice on his site and by mail, and great comms on delivery etc. though I dare say you could nip over and pick them up.

EDIT: Just saw you’ve already been 😳

ransos
    Free Member

Yet another vote for Spokesman. I’ve given my wheels a real battering and they’re still perfectly true.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good Wheel Builder – Exeter or surrounding area?’ is closed to new replies.